Need help with lights!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Need help with lights!! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; disagree. its called "projector" for a reason, it throws light. they arent precison focused like a lazor beam. have my ...

disagree. its called "projector" for a reason, it throws light. they arent precison focused like a lazor beam. have my headlight appart right now. the only thing in the projector is a ribbed mirrored surface reflecting out the front. with a plate twords the front so you dont get a direct view of the filamant. the problem is leds from a cheap website arent as bright as a burning filimant. superbright= $25 bucks. factory installed on a honda= $1,400. huge quality difference between the two. color what the allure for me buying them to match my hid headlights.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does anyone have LEDs in their turn signals?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by njandy View Post
    disagree. its called "projector" for a reason, it throws light. they arent precison focused like a lazor beam. have my headlight appart right now. the only thing in the projector is a ribbed mirrored surface reflecting out the front. with a plate twords the front so you dont get a direct view of the filamant. the problem is leds from a cheap website arent as bright as a burning filimant. superbright= $25 bucks. factory installed on a honda= $1,400. huge quality difference between the two. color what the allure for me buying them to match my hid headlights.
    I don't follow. What are you disagreeing with? I know your foglights aren't projectors, only your low beams are. That doesn't change the fact that LEDs won't focus properly in either one unless the assembly is specifically designed to use LEDs. There are some models out there now that offer LED headlights as OEM options.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

i dont agree with you saying headlights wont focus the led bulb. the difference between the projector and say a regular assembly with just clear lens is the projector just shoots the light down twords the road and the regular light throws it everywere up in the sky and right at oncoming traffics face. leds will absolutley work in all fixtures but they arent nearly as bright. thats why they shouldnt be used. either way LEDS in a headlight is a bad idea. secondary lighting...who cares. i work with this stuff every day im an electrician and we retro fit alot of parking lot lights and outdoor lighting. the LEDs are rarey as bright as incandescent, hids, or high pressure sodium. LEDs are a relitively new technology that need a little more time to improve before they can be a direct replacement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12