2009 WRX Headlight/Foglight mod - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX Headlight/Foglight mod within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First of all, I posted up a funny image to what you said. I never said anything derogatory towards you ...

First of all, I posted up a funny image to what you said. I never said anything derogatory towards you or insulted you. I was merely jesting.

You are way over reacting man. There's no need to get so mad over something so simple. We're a very tight knit group here and we all mess around. I would highly suggest changing your attitude about things and going off like that man.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Asking me for a doughnut....

was ABSOLUTELY derogatory.

again....STFU!!!!

I didn't ask you for a doughnut! I suggested that maybe you would offer me one.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammo View Post
    Well...finally got my lights done and had a few pics to show.

Sadly...I have got Red Hella Supertones on, but the camera and lighting in rainy BC didnt mix well. Just blacks em out behind the grill. I did remove the WRX badge. Too much clutter. They do look obvious in person though. They can be seen on the road anyways. They can certainly be heard...its kind of ridiculous. But I like the look with my Halos on!!

Anyways...here are the results....new OEM retrofitted assembly swap.....by a trusted group of sensational import tuners....i went with the goods here...TSX-R lenses (clear)...with OEM Matsoosheeta ballasts! Philips bulbs. I will need to some adjustments tonight...need to find a white wall and some space. Anyways...will try to at least improvise on my garage door. Will post those night pics later on! I will say...my money was well spent. Thanks LIGHTWERKZ. The lights are bright. I am lighting up the road quite a ways in front of me. At traffic lights. As I approach...my lights are lighting up the intersection...its incredible. Whenever I pull up to idiots with HID ricer kits...my lights are FAR superior to any of those crappy kits in halogen reflector housings. Straight up truth here. NOT HATING! I have used ricer kits too...in the past...now I have read the Daniel stern...a few times...and understand what it takes to get the RIGHT effect. My lights just over power other peoples lights right there on the road at a red light. I LOVE IT!!!!!
    looks nice!

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    "no" pic
    Although clear to many this was in jest.. Probably would have been better to make sure the OP knew that especially since he is a relative n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    You're welcome! I'm glad you learned something. Getting a rally car for 25k sure would be a bargain.
    Not helpful. Lets not be nasioc. The guys is a relative noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Blammo View Post
    Thanks for that response...twice...

How about a nice cup of SHUT THE F*&K UP
    I realize that when upset its tough to not post up a response but getting mad in a post isn't really helpful. Report the post if you don't feel you can reply without getting mad. Also please don't dodge the swear filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    butthurt pic
    While funny and true... Not helpful.

Blammo, please understand that many members here tend to jest and rib each other a bit. No harm is usually intended. A thicker skin may help.

Other members, let make sure we are courteous to all especially the new folks who really don't know how to take your responses.

Thank you all and now back to our regular programming.

-The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for that response. Thanks for the comments.

I got mad because my bad assessment of it being a rally car, was ALREADY pointed out in the beginning over one month ago with a nicely worded comment. I never even replied because it put me in my place. I am a TOTAL noob...this is my first Subaru. The doughnut request was totally derogatory whether he admits or not. The NO pic had nothing to do with the pics I posted or what I had written. He was "jesting" about a rather back dated comment.

His response was in no way relevant to the thread which was about lights. So I posted my pics. I am glad at least you took a look at what was relevant and commented. Appreciated! Cost me a lot of $$$ though...but well worth it given the results...especially at night. I will try to post a few night shots when the rain gives up and I can take em!

My next venture will be with the Kartboy short throw shift kit. It will arrive on Friday...and hopefully...installed next week some time. Feels like a row boat at the moment. I also opted for the bushings. Hopefully...this kit lives up the pretty decent reputation it has.

The tuner shop that I am dealing with...recommended a COBB Accessport before doing ANY other mods. What do you guys think of this? I am a noob...and dont fully understand what the COBB port can do for me. Does it change fuel/air ratios to compensate for further modifications. I am strongly considering intake and exhaust modifications but dont have enough knowledge or data to know what to buy. Seems like there is so much info online...I am confused by the time I am finished reading.

Anyways...shift kit for now...then save up for the Accessport and see where that gets me. The guy at the shop said the Accessport alone will free up 30HP. Is that true?

The AP will enable you to flash stage 1, which is a retune of the engine, if you have no other supporting mods. 30 hp sounds about right. If the tuner recommended it, then most likely he uses the AP to do his tuning, so he is asking you to buy a tool that will be useful later if you get a protune from him. I would just double check with him if that is definitely the case.

Check the link in my sig for a good place to start reading about starting off with mods for these cars.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.