headlights

This is a discussion on headlights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2007 wrx wagon and it had a couple of very minor issues that i was already ...

headlights

I just bought a 2007 wrx wagon and it had a couple of very minor issues that i was already aware of upon purchasing. the biggest one is that the left headlight is holding a lot of moisture and also the bulb is incorrectly aligned to the point i honestly dont think i can see the light from it at all. so i have a few option, one i can take the light apart clean it and dry it out and re-seal it, i can get an oem replacement, or i can switch my lights to something like the D-spec lights. what do yall think about the options? any suggestions, also, has anybody ever had d-spec lights and are they set up for good vision or only looks?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    From the options you listed I'd do 1., then 2. I would not consider anything not DOT approved, so your third option is a no go for me.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX

headlights

If you have enough money you might as well look into an HiD retrofit or just buy OEM STi lights.

I have never heard of D-Spec personally
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

06-07 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX LED PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT - BLACK

based on description, are those DOT approved? it looks like it to me but im not sure. also are the sti lights different than the wrx light in 07?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm with Spiros on this one. I would only do option 1, and if that doesn't work, option 2. I don't like any aftermarket headlight sets. Keep it simple.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX

headlights

Quote Originally Posted by npdynamite View Post
    also are the sti lights different than the wrx light in 07?
    They are factory HID
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

thanks for the input everybody, i think ill scratch the third and ill have to figure out if i can get the headlight open, my oven is kinda small....

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Interesting how the Spec-D site now says they're DOT/SAE certified... Some major changes must have gone on since people last reviewed them! Eeek
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419