SOMEONE DENTED MY 13'!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SOMEONE DENTED MY 13'!!!!! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Parked near my work, I left my car there while I carpooled for a work function. ALLLLL the way in ...

SOMEONE DENTED MY 13'!!!!!

Parked near my work, I left my car there while I carpooled for a work function. ALLLLL the way in the back corner of the lot well away from harms way, I received this:

It appears as though someone actually ran into it slightly as there is paint transfer and a door wouldn't have created a dent like that. No paint was damaged that I can tell on mine so it looks like a PDR and some buffing will repair the issue.

As I've never dealt with PDR, what price am I looking at assuming I pay to get it done? I guess it would qualify for an uninsured motorist since it was technically a hit and run. There was a jetta parked next to my car with the same color paint but I did not pursue trying to identify the driver as it was a crowded bowling alley full of drunks and odds of me having a civilized conversation were slim to none.

Any advice would be great. It is located on the front fender right above the wheel.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was assuming it was the Jetta but like I said, I was at a work function for several hours and it could've been anyone that did it. Odds are the Jetta wouldn't have stayed parked there if they were the culprits.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

I'm looking to get two dime-sized dents PDR'd on my new '13 as well, no where near as dented as yours but still equally as painful to me as I'm sure it is to you. I've heard some places can do around $100 dollars per dent, maybe more depending on the size, wouldn't know for sure until you get an estimate. I was thinking about maybe going through my insurance to see if it would be worth paying the 500 deductible if it ends up costing more (which I can't imagine it being) but I'd also be looking to get a fairly deep scratch taken care of as well, so I'm not sure what the best route would be.

I'm slowly starting to realize, as many people already have, that no matter what the car will never be perfect and pristine for long. Especially if it's a daily driver, like mine is. I actually was driving home on the highway just last night and heard a rock hit my car somewhere on the right side. Like I suspected I found a nice rock chip on the A-pillar this morning. Point being, I'll end up fixing a scratch or dent and a week or month later another one will find its way onto the car. I might go ahead and get these few things taken care of since I did just get the car and the hell with it after. Only thing I'd like to do is keep it clean and rust-free. Aside from that, its not worth the headache of stressing constantly about keeping it car-show clean forever.

I hear that man. It's tough to swallow but I do just have to realize it won't stay perfect forever. Just the fact that I do EVERYTHING imaginable to avoid this situation from occurring makes it more gut wrenching. I have a $1000 deductible because I'm an idiot. This though, should be classified as an uninsured motorist since it was a hit and run and would knock down the deductible to $250. I have to do more research but since I know a lot of guys that run body shops in the area, I wouldn't think I'd be spending more then $75-100 to get it knocked out. It's in a good spot to do it myself but I would rather a professional do it.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Love the WRB by the way. Looks real sharp.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

SWP looking stylish as well goodluck with the fix, let us know what you end up doing/how it turns out and what it cost you.

I Support ClubWRX
    sucks to see, hopefully the repairs aint that much
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

worse than the money, i'm worried they won't make it look as nice as it was. how good is PDR? I mean, will it be unnoticeable?
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

As with any bodywork it all depends on how much experience the person has and how bad the damage is. I too also wonder how well they can actually color match for actual painting and such. A buddy of mine who does bodywork for a living said that even within one color scheme (such as WRB like myself) there can be a number of different variants or "shades" as I would like to imagine myself for simplicity. I imagine though with an experienced person they can probably get it close to original/perfect if not exactly the same.

In terms of PDR, I would recommend going to a reputable guy who has years of experience and specializes in just PDR.

Yeah I think this body shop near my work is known for doing a good job with PDR. I have to check on it though. I know they will give me a great deal since we do so much work with them. I'll update on Monday when I go in.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Your comprehensive policy will covert it, but most likely the cost will be less then your deductible

Sucks

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude, you seem to be injury prone. First the gf's car then this?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Dude, you seem to be injury prone. First the gf's car then this?
    Tell me about it. And to top it off, I saw my old 05 wrx that i sold with a bad dent in the drivers door/fender (both needed to be replaced) the day this happened on my 13, and it is totally fixed and looks nice as hell. Added insult to injury for sure.

The GF just got her car back on Thursday after 3 or 4 weeks of repair time. Here's to hoping my dent is a easy fix.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Every time I wash my car I find something new...I live in alaska, Pot holes, rock, and salt galore...they litterally put gravel on the ground to increase traction. I've got a cracked windshield that I will not pay to replace till I leave here. If I were the first owned I would have gotten the clear coat wrap put on. I'll just repaint my baby after it's payed off. Probobly go OBP instead of DGM just for the sake of difference.

I'm sorry your baby got hit so soon, and so brutally at that. Good luck.

I've had PDR done on my car, the paint was chipped so I didn't expect a 100% job. It turned out okay, not too great. Lots of chipping around the paint from the original paint damage and pressure of popping the dent out. Most PDR shops charge by the circumference/length of dent/crease itself. Just by doing some light searching the average crease dent is:

Up to 1" $99-$129
    Up to 2" $130-$159
    Up to 3" $160-$199
    Up to 4" $200-$325

My quarter-size dent was around $40-50 + tax. I ended up getting the dent repaired through body work after my car was broken into since my insurance covered it. Good luck with the repair!
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast