Almost generic front lip thread
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Almost generic front lip thread within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; CAN I GETA front lip for my 2010 WRX ...BROTHAS AND SISTAS! LEMME HEAR YA SAY IT! all joking aside, ...

Almost generic front lip thread

CAN I GETA front lip for my 2010 WRX...BROTHAS AND SISTAS! LEMME HEAR YA SAY IT!

all joking aside, I'm in the market for a new front lip (after a very unforunate snow accident) but a) not looking at breaking the bank and b) want to get a durable one that still looks nice. NOW! for the part that separates this from most front lip threads and may through a bit off their "do research" rocker. It NEEDS to be for a 2010 WRX, not STI and not the 2011+ wider body WRXs. If you can find me one to that says in its despriction that itll fit a 2010 WRX, I'll be thoroughly impressed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    subie_riegs is going to be impressed!
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

touche AzNnYx, touche haha thats pretty shnazzy. now just to figure if its worth the $179

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    do a little more searching on ebay. look for a vlimited replica front lip for your model. they should be cheaper than 170. (probably 30 for the lip, 60 or so for shipping)

if you check the other lip threads, i always vouch for the limited replicas. they are extremely durable given the abuse that they take & i've never had a fitment issue

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Re: Almost generic front lip thread

Yeah, I bought the V-limited lip from Baysonr on eBay. I think it cost me $69 shipped. It's urethane, the fitment is so-so, but comes with a ton of screws. It's pretty popular, and wouldn't be surprised if a few people chime in here...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Almost along the same line as this, does anyone know if the front bumper cover from the 11-12 WRX-STI will fit on the 09? Looking at parts diagrams they don't differentiate between years per the illustrations, but you can tell that at least the grill is different. I don't like a lot of the aftermarket front ends, but I think that the newer model have a meaner looking front.

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    Yeah, I bought the V-limited lip from Baysonr on eBay. I think it cost me $69 shipped. It's urethane, the fitment is so-so, but comes with a ton of screws. It's pretty popular, and wouldn't be surprised if a few people chime in here...

I've seen the Bayson a bunch. now since I finally found somebody who actually has it on their WRX I gotta ask the question I'm hoping I already have the answer to. The V-limited Bayson lip works for 2010 WRX Premium? because no matter where you look it will always say its fitted for the STI which, as most are already aware, has a different front bumper cover.

Quote Originally Posted by STI*NG View Post
    Almost along the same line as this, does anyone know if the front bumper cover from the 11-12 WRX-STI will fit on the 09? Looking at parts diagrams they don't differentiate between years per the illustrations, but you can tell that at least the grill is different. I don't like a lot of the aftermarket front ends, but I think that the newer model have a meaner looking front.
    try SubaruGenuineParts.com yet?

also, AmateurX and wrxtreme06, any chance you have any pictures of the lip on the body?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Re: Almost generic front lip thread

Quote Originally Posted by subie_riegs View Post
    also, AmateurX and wrxtreme06, any chance you have any pictures of the lip on the body?
    Sorry, I haven't installed mine yet. I wanted to wait until it gets warmer as I have to shape it to the car somewhat. Baysonr does sell multiple versions so make sure you order the right one. Yes, the 2010 STI lip will fit the 2011+ MY WRXes.

2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    ebay lips are the way to go
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

GAH! i appreciate the input guys, I really do and that lip looks AMAZING on your 06 wrxtreme06! But the main reason i started this thread was to see if anybody could find me a lip to fit a 2010 wrx premium since the 08-10 sti have a different front bumper cover as well as the 11-13 wrx/STIs. Again, I appreciate the input but it really didnt yield any useful info if its not the info i need, ya no?

looks like the main option is gonna b another home depot lip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.