Almost generic front lip thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Almost generic front lip thread within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; CAN I GETA front lip for my 2010 WRX ...BROTHAS AND SISTAS! LEMME HEAR YA SAY IT! all joking aside, ...

Almost generic front lip thread

CAN I GETA front lip for my 2010 WRX...BROTHAS AND SISTAS! LEMME HEAR YA SAY IT!

all joking aside, I'm in the market for a new front lip (after a very unforunate snow accident) but a) not looking at breaking the bank and b) want to get a durable one that still looks nice. NOW! for the part that separates this from most front lip threads and may through a bit off their "do research" rocker. It NEEDS to be for a 2010 WRX, not STI and not the 2011+ wider body WRXs. If you can find me one to that says in its despriction that itll fit a 2010 WRX, I'll be thoroughly impressed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    subie_riegs is going to be impressed!
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

touche AzNnYx, touche haha thats pretty shnazzy. now just to figure if its worth the $179

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    do a little more searching on ebay. look for a vlimited replica front lip for your model. they should be cheaper than 170. (probably 30 for the lip, 60 or so for shipping)

if you check the other lip threads, i always vouch for the limited replicas. they are extremely durable given the abuse that they take & i've never had a fitment issue

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Re: Almost generic front lip thread

Yeah, I bought the V-limited lip from Baysonr on eBay. I think it cost me $69 shipped. It's urethane, the fitment is so-so, but comes with a ton of screws. It's pretty popular, and wouldn't be surprised if a few people chime in here...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Almost along the same line as this, does anyone know if the front bumper cover from the 11-12 WRX-STI will fit on the 09? Looking at parts diagrams they don't differentiate between years per the illustrations, but you can tell that at least the grill is different. I don't like a lot of the aftermarket front ends, but I think that the newer model have a meaner looking front.

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    Yeah, I bought the V-limited lip from Baysonr on eBay. I think it cost me $69 shipped. It's urethane, the fitment is so-so, but comes with a ton of screws. It's pretty popular, and wouldn't be surprised if a few people chime in here...

I've seen the Bayson a bunch. now since I finally found somebody who actually has it on their WRX I gotta ask the question I'm hoping I already have the answer to. The V-limited Bayson lip works for 2010 WRX Premium? because no matter where you look it will always say its fitted for the STI which, as most are already aware, has a different front bumper cover.

Quote Originally Posted by STI*NG View Post
    Almost along the same line as this, does anyone know if the front bumper cover from the 11-12 WRX-STI will fit on the 09? Looking at parts diagrams they don't differentiate between years per the illustrations, but you can tell that at least the grill is different. I don't like a lot of the aftermarket front ends, but I think that the newer model have a meaner looking front.
    try SubaruGenuineParts.com yet?

also, AmateurX and wrxtreme06, any chance you have any pictures of the lip on the body?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Re: Almost generic front lip thread

Quote Originally Posted by subie_riegs View Post
    also, AmateurX and wrxtreme06, any chance you have any pictures of the lip on the body?
    Sorry, I haven't installed mine yet. I wanted to wait until it gets warmer as I have to shape it to the car somewhat. Baysonr does sell multiple versions so make sure you order the right one. Yes, the 2010 STI lip will fit the 2011+ MY WRXes.

2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    ebay lips are the way to go
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

GAH! i appreciate the input guys, I really do and that lip looks AMAZING on your 06 wrxtreme06! But the main reason i started this thread was to see if anybody could find me a lip to fit a 2010 wrx premium since the 08-10 sti have a different front bumper cover as well as the 11-13 wrx/STIs. Again, I appreciate the input but it really didnt yield any useful info if its not the info i need, ya no?

looks like the main option is gonna b another home depot lip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast