What front lip do I get?

This is a discussion on What front lip do I get? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone, I am a newbie to this site, and a newbie to the WRX. I preveiously had a Toyota ...

What front lip do I get?

Hello everyone, I am a newbie to this site, and a newbie to the WRX. I preveiously had a Toyota Matrix XRS (some mods to suspension etc) but have recently stepped up to a new 2012 WRX Wagon. I am absolutely loving the car, but like usual, I love to add a few personal touches. I would like to put a front lip or spoiler on the vehicle to protect the painted area from scrapes, and also look good. It seems that there are a lot out there. I see a bunch on eBay and other places, and prices vary wildly. Do I need to spend $300+ or are these all the same? Also, are they difficult to install? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Installing the lip is quite easy. There are holes at the bottom of the bumper. Sometimes the holes do not line up together. The most you may have to do is drill a couple of holes. Not that difficult.

About which lip to get is your choice. A popular choice is the Bayson R lip sold on ebay. Costs about $140.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep. A ton of choices. Most people go with one of the $150 or below options as it will probably get all bunged up on a curb sooner or later.

I Support ClubWRX

What front lip do I get?

Bayson R lips are pretty popular. Honestly I wouldn't worry about getting an expensive lip as it will definitely get scratched at some point.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Thanks everyone, this is exactly the information that I need. I did a search on Bayson R and also came up with a carbon fiber rear diffuser. It looks like it cleanly mounts to the stock underside of the rear bumper. Does anyone have any comments on that? I was just curious. I am really impressed at the amount of aftermarket goodies for the WRX. There is far more than for my Matrix, and I certainly don't miss the front wheel drive or the lack of power either.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dornierdriver View Post
    Thanks everyone, this is exactly the information that I need. I did a search on Bayson R and also came up with a carbon fiber rear diffuser. It looks like it cleanly mounts to the stock underside of the rear bumper. Does anyone have any comments on that? I was just curious. I am really impressed at the amount of aftermarket goodies for the WRX. There is far more than for my Matrix, and I certainly don't miss the front wheel drive or the lack of power either.
    I say if you like the rear diffuser buy it and put it on. It will probably get scratched up being where it is, but who cares. As long as you like the look of it and it makes you happy that's all that matters. I agree there are a ton of post market appearance goodies that you can get to personalize you WRX. Have fun with it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dornierdriver View Post
    I say if you like the rear diffuser buy it and put it on. It will probably get scratched up being where it is, but who cares. As long as you like the look of it and it makes you happy that's all that matters. I agree there are a ton of post market appearance goodies that you can get to personalize you WRX. Have fun with it!

I picked up a Bayson R lip off Ebay for $119.00 the CS Type 1 it is a bit bigger then the V-limited.

I'm going to install it today will post how it went and some photos.

11 12 Impreza WRX STI CS Type 1 Front Lip Urethane | eBay

I Support ClubWRX
    i would say bayson r front lip. i have one on mine and its nice. plus they get scratched up and scrape so why spend a ton of money on another one
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

The install on the Bayson R was very easy and good fit.
    Last edited by putt_putt79; 01-21-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Anyone have the Batson R on a wrb?

Last edited by kprugbyplaya; 02-25-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Old thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Bayson R carbon? Hows the quality, fitment, etc?