Window TINT
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window TINT within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello All... well...I have been a happy Subaru owner for a while now. my 09 sedan needs window tint. i ...

I Support ClubWRX

Window TINT

Hello All...

well...I have been a happy Subaru owner for a while now.

my 09 sedan needs window tint.

i have always been skeptical of getting tint. i always think it will harm the power window motor or harm the rear defrost.

anyways...i have an appointment and will go down to the shop and see what films i have to choose from. it is the most reputable shop in vancouver bc.

i feel like i should have asked the board an opinion before going...but i have little time now.

im nervous for my wrx. i hope tint wont hurt her.

i will be tinting all 5 windows...equally...with very very light tint. i figure it will look good with the silver exterior.

once done...will update the board with pictures of my ride!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

window tint won't hurt your windows (and it saved my car from getting soaked and having glass everywhere when some jerk plowed into my door) The only problem I ran into was when the tint shop needed to pull off the tint to fix something, I think that hurt my rear defroster. 1. It is unlikely that they will have to do this if they are the most reputable. 2. they replaced my rear window, so all is well now.

Enjoy your tint!
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks for the lightning fast reply.

i certainly feel more confident after reading what you have experienced. thanks for sharing man.

i am about to leave in 20 mins.

Post some pics whenever it gets done, I'm considering the same thing for my 2013.
    One quick question for people who have had this done, do they need to remove all of the door panels to do it? I'm hoping not, my car squeaks and rattles enough already.

no, they should not need to remove anything...the only panel that could be an issue is the deck behind the rear seats. its gets really close to the window in the bottom corners.
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)

I had the windows tinted on my 2013 WRX within the first week or two of ownership. Just use a reputable shop that provides a lifetime warranty for their work and you'll be fine. Aside from lowering interior temperatures, tint also prevents UV rays from damaging your interior and as mentioned it will keep shattered glass from flying everywhere in the event of an accident.

I Support ClubWRX
    Make yourself aware of tint laws in your area; I don't see a reason to give LEO a reason to have a roadside discussion with you.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I have always tinted my windows as dark as law will allow me. I have never had a problem as a result. Now that I am used to it, I will never have a car that is not tinted. It is always the first thing I do when I have a new vehicle.

I'm getting mine done this Saturday. It won't hurt your car. But it will help keep it cooler in the summer and make your car look nicer

I Support ClubWRX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0574.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	110721Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0575.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	110722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0576.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	110723

These are the results on my 09 WRX.

This is Solar-Gard film 50% all 5 windows.

Just an amazing job. Light enough to not attract any John Q Law poopers...but dark enough to give away ONLY a silhouette of the driver. Plus all the solar benefits and safety if in an accident. (wood knocking...)

I am happy with the results. The amazingly talented installer gave me a lifetime warranty. The guy who installed has trophies and tint-off champion banners in his shop. He even takes care of celebrities. Pretty cool guy. Anybody in the Lower Mainland that needs or wants tint...drop me a PM and I will give you the info.

I know my tires and rims are poo...but my summer dunlop 235's are sitting in the shed. These are 17's from an 07 WRX with Toyo Observe G02 Plus winters. I do live in rugged BC.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!
    Last edited by Blammo; 01-01-2013 at 12:42 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks very nice. I've been holding off on tints until I found something that looked right for my taste and this looks really good/tasteful. Most installers I spoke with pushed 35% tint, which, although legal in my area, looked too dark for me. I'll be shopping for a tinter who carries the Soar-Gard line.

Thanks for sharing!
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the compliments bro.

yea...my installer showed me all the tints...even different films...lumar is another good film...but i went with the solar-gard.

the installer himself had a couple personal rides, namely a benz with the 50% tint. looked totally classy. so that is what made me go with the lighter stuff.

it blocks the sun nicely too...now that i have been rolling around in good weather for a couple days. enjoy!!!!

I know it was not the smartest thing to do but on my older wrx i had 20% and never once had a problem with
    the law. I'll probably go 35% this time not sure yet..
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

I have 35% all around...I wouldn't go any lower. Its quite dark
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    I have 35% all around...I wouldn't go any lower. Its quite dark
    I've got 20% on the back windows and 35% up front. I love it. Adds privacy to the back seat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.