Window TINT - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window TINT within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 11blackSTi I've got 20% on the back windows and 35% up front. I love it. Adds privacy ...

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I've got 20% on the back windows and 35% up front. I love it. Adds privacy to the back seat
    so does an empty parking lot at night hahahha. then again, the tint worked in a busy parking lot during the day
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So I was speaking to some friends and they raised a good question.. Isn't the hatchback considered a wagon? Therefore I could have dark tint on the rear windows and 35% on the front windows? Correct me if I am wrong please.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    So I was speaking to some friends and they raised a good question.. Isn't the hatchback considered a wagon? Therefore I could have dark tint on the rear windows and 35% on the front windows? Correct me if I am wrong please.
    Depends on what state you live in. In Maine we can only go 35% of front windows, but we can go as dark as we want on all others no matter what the car is.

I'm in Maryland. I know SUV's and Wagons can go very dark probably limo tint on the rear windows.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

i have 20% fronts, 15% rears. sometimes backing up out ill roll my windows down but its not bad, feel like i shouldve went darker. the sun is soo bright and scary!!

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    The only problem I ran into was when the tint shop needed to pull off the tint to fix something, I think that hurt my rear defroster. 1. It is unlikely that they will have to do this if they are the most reputable. 2. they replaced my rear window, so all is well now.
    I'm a bit curious about this. The bottom 3 or 4 rows of my rear defroster aren't working. See pic below. Any of you 3rd gen sedan owners have this problem? I can't really recall using the defroster much, if at all before I got the windows tinted, so I'm not sure if it was broken from the beginning. I also had to have the tint on my rear window redone. Is it possible that something about the tint process could mess up just a part of the defroster?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0108130746.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	110949

Side note: I've got 35% all around and really like it. Not too dark. Not too light.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

I had a very similar issue when they redid my tint. There were only about 5 lines working after they redid it. None of the lines looked broken at all either. But the shop ended up replacing my entire rear window since they were the only ones back there between it working and not working.
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)

I'm probably just going to leave it as is. It doesn't really bother me and I can't 100% prove what caused the issue. Plus, my parents had to have a rear window replaced on one of their cars because the defroster stopped working and now they occasionally get water building up in the trunk. So, I'm a bit wary of pulling a perfectly good window. Any issues with yours since it was replaced?
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

not that i've noticed. it does seem to take a bit longer than the oem glass to defrost *knocks on wood*
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287

Quote Originally Posted by djk5077 View Post
    I'm a bit curious about this. The bottom 3 or 4 rows of my rear defroster aren't working. See pic below. Any of you 3rd gen sedan owners have this problem? I can't really recall using the defroster much, if at all before I got the windows tinted, so I'm not sure if it was broken from the beginning. I also had to have the tint on my rear window redone. Is it possible that something about the tint process could mess up just a part of the defroster?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0108130746.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	110949

mine work just fine so far. i went 20 all around

Side note: I've got 35% all around and really like it. Not too dark. Not too light.

Never in my life have I heard of window tint hurting the motors.....just saying I think your being a little over paranoid lol

Does anyone have pics of 35% front and 20% rear that I can see? Preferably on a white vehicle. I don't want it to look too odd with the contrasting shades of black.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

I just tinted my '12 5 door. I went with 20% all around. Looks good, not too dark to see out of. 35% is the legal limit but you have to be a real **** to get a ticket for tint since most cop cars here in Florida to at least 20%

Has anyone had the front "Brow" done on the subbie? By brow I mean the front windshield top piece. Im so confused as to why my 13 hatch didn't come with it from the factory. Never really noticed it before I got my car and now I notice none of my buddy's wrx's have it done either.
    2013 Wrx Black Hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    I've got it on my car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.