Sti scoop and wing on stock wrx questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sti scoop and wing on stock wrx questions within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am having an incredibly hard time finding sti wings with the trunks in my color. On genuine subaru I ...

Sti scoop and wing on stock wrx questions

I am having an incredibly hard time finding sti wings with the trunks in my color. On genuine subaru I can order the wing all painted for for close to $700 but I hear it is near impossible to install on a stock wrx trunk. My dad owns an auto repair shop so I have all the tools to install it etc, but my question is, is it possible with moderate difficulty?

STi hood scoops I cant even find anyone at all selling those. There are unpainted ones on genuine subaru for 150 but how much do you think itll cost to paint it a stock aspen white color? And what is this splitter that people talk about?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's not impossible to install, you just have to drill 15 holes or so.

If your dad owns an auto shop it should be a pretty simple task to install the wing as well as paint the scoop

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

He doesnt have a paint gun unfortunately so the scoop i might have to go somewhere to get done. I cant imagine it being that expensive.

But as for the wing thats good news. Now to convince myself that the $700 will be worth it =/

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I personally love being wingless. If I had an sti the first thing I would do is get rid of the wing lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I thought about it. But to me unless I got like a black trunk, i wouldnt like the plainness.

Are you from Massachusetts by anychance? I have a friend looking for a shaved trunk trading his STI wing. if you're interested pm me your phone number ill get it over to him asap
    Rambo ~ I scratched off my VIN plates. Weight savings.

I Support ClubWRX
    What car?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

04 wrx and no im in north jersey

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I desperately want an STi wing for my silver 02 and I would much rather just swap trunks as I've heard the wing install can be quite expensive.

As for the scoop, I found some pretty good sites that sell the JDM Scoop that fits buyeyes perfectly. The first link is for a pre-painted scoop, not sure how install goes. If you don't have a bugeye, I'm not sure but here they are:

J-Spec Tuning

Hood Scoops at RallySportDirect.com

As for the wing, this is the only good pre-painted one I can find. Nobody sells just a painted trunk with the wing.

Subaru OEM STi Wing, 96061FE200, Subaru STi<br> Subaru OEM STi Wing
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by patriotfan11
    04 wrx and no im in north jersey
    Don't be afraid to travel. See if the guy would meet halfway. You're both getting what you want out of the deal...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by BoostandLow View Post
    Are you from Massachusetts by anychance? I have a friend looking for a shaved trunk trading his STI wing. if you're interested pm me your phone number ill get it over to him asap
    I'm close to Mass, but I'd rather trade trunk for trunk and have the same color

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.