First mod down!

This is a discussion on First mod down! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just finished installing some Hella Supertones in my WRX. Still need to do a little tweaking to get the alignment ...

First mod down!

Just finished installing some Hella Supertones in my WRX.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supertones.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	110426

Still need to do a little tweaking to get the alignment just right, but it was a fun install.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey could you do me a favor and take a photo further away from the car. I have same color but sti and was thinking about getting them. Just wanted to see what it would look like from a further distance.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

Sure thing. I'll take some more tomorrow and post them as it's getting too dark to see them clearly in a photo now.

Even if you don't like the color, it looks like it'd be pretty simple to remove the outer red ring and paint it any color you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 10001110101 View Post
    Sure thing. I'll take some more tomorrow and post them as it's getting too dark to see them clearly in a photo now.

Even if you don't like the color, it looks like it'd be pretty simple to remove the outer red ring and paint it any color you want.
    Very easy to take apart and change the color, I wanted a stealthier look and something to match the stock gunmetal rims:

Name:	578247_386848134695197_1933528441_n.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	110428

Here are a couple more pics:

Name:	Supertones1.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	110446

Name:	Supertones2.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	110447

On a side note; when I had the bumper off yesterday I noticed there is no intake silencer underneath the intake. Is this gone in the 2013 model or was I supposed to have one and it got left out during assembly?

I Support ClubWRX
    nice mod, ive been wanting a set of hella horns
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Yup looks awesome. Think I'll pick up a pair this week. Thanks for the pics man.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

Quote Originally Posted by 10001110101 View Post

On a side note; when I had the bumper off yesterday I noticed there is no intake silencer underneath the intake. Is this gone in the 2013 model or was I supposed to have one and it got left out during assembly?
    Im pretty sure on the '10+ WRX there are no intake silencers.

Quote Originally Posted by SoFloRex View Post
    Im pretty sure on the '10+ WRX there are no intake silencers.
    Truf.

The snorkus delete mod does not exist in the 3rd gens.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

which bracket did you use? i like how the horns are closer together than the subiemods bracket

i also have a 13 but i only have one horn and its on the right there is no left one can someone explain why?

Quote Originally Posted by Whap Whap View Post
    which bracket did you use? i like how the horns are closer together than the subiemods bracket
    There is another hole next to the stock mounting. Its not level with it, but slightly above. It is just a hole, so I got creative to bolt it on there. I initially could not get a wrench to make contact with a nut on the backside of this hole because of the tight space. I took 3 nuts, aligned them and taped together (used electrical tape) this essentially gave me one long nut and I was able to get a wrench on it and tighten down the bolt to hold the horn on. Pay specific attention to the alignment since the holes are not even. I will be fixing my slight alignment variance when I retrofit the headlights this coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by WRBBoost View Post
    i also have a 13 but i only have one horn and its on the right there is no left one can someone explain why?
    Its hidden underneath the passenger headlight, you'll see it when you remove the bumper.