anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So long story short. I rear ended a guy on the high way he break.checked me while we were going ...

Question anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question

So long story short. I rear ended a guy on the high way he break.checked me while we were going 80 in a 75 I was few lengths back but it was raining so he took off but the cop that saw this only got me, due to the fact I immediately pulled off the road and the officer said, "You were trying to escape." After I patched things up bout that. He still gave me a ticket for reckless driving and failure to signal when I exited the ramp. I filed a hit and run. First question: am I at fault or is the other guy that ran. And my second: could I thru USAA get a lil upgrade ie carbon fiber hood, oem bumper, oem grill, a new radiator support bracket, a new radiator, possibly an alignment, and hopefully get the auto body shop to repair my bent up fmi (only the supports) and as-well-as new headlights? Might need other things but Idk car does feel quite different driving. Might even have a boost leak and a tweeked transmission. First accident ever and honestly I don't feel at fault here (paying $500 deductable). Had a clean record for the 4 years I've been with them (USAA) And because some guy thought that 5 miles over the speed limit was gonna get him pulled over he had a right to slam on his breaks in the stinking rain. Who does that unless their doing something illegal?! Ie stolen car.or something. Sorry, lil mad cause I was supposed to go back home to Texas in 3 days for Chirstmas to see my lady n my Mama, im in the military, but those are my two questions. And I apologize to ClubWRX and to everyone else if I posted this in the wrong section. I looked for 30 min and only saw this a suitable place to post something of sorts... God bless and Happy Holidays.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You were following too closely and probably moving too fast for the conditions. Your insurance will cover your looses minus your deductible. How you spend the money is up to you and any lien holder.

The reckless driving ticket is major. Going to cost you BIG TIME for future insurance. Many companies simply won't cover you with a reckless conviction and others will charge you double the rate of a clean driver. Make sure you hire a good lawyer to beat this one. At least try to get it reduced to a careless driving citation.

Usaa is a good company. As far as I know at least. They're the cheapest but I've over been in an accident so I don't know how well they are with that. But the other guy if they catch him would be at fault as well because he left the scene and that's a federal crime and blah blah

anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question

Yeah, fight that reckless charge in court. I'm assuming this was outside of a base? Therefore in all likelihood the cop is an über-**** to the service members there, just like the few cops I've dealt with outside bases in the last 8 years. 5 over isn't reckless in any state I've been to.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Usaa isn't the same company they used to be. I would be prepared for a headach. They will pay for the damages but might drop you after because of the the charge. I had a suspended ticket 3 years ago because of a unpaid ticket and that drove my rate up $50 a month

Mg645: the judge won't be looking at the judge won't be looking at the weather. And my adrineline was pumping I wasn't thing straight and I pulled.off immediately because I was just trying to do the right thing.

Nsibanez: I never knew its a federal crime amazing. Well I hope that duche get caught my baby needs justice.
    g
    Gregroot198529: Yeah, it was off post. And I don't have money for a lawer. I just have to explain the fact I was going 5 over some guy brake checked me I hit him he took off saw the red and blue Pulled over without a turn signal off the exit ramp just trying to do the right thing.

Britt.Johnny5: ****!

I Support ClubWRX
    In every rear-ending case I'm familiar with, the person in back is always at fault. Brake-check or not, you should have left space to stop safely. It's weird the other guy drove off, but at least you won't be paying liability, I suppose. He won't be charged with anything, and trying to go after him likely won't get anywhere.

Your insurance will cover your looses minus your deductible. How you spend the money is up to you and any lien holder.
    ^This. Don't expect the insurance co to come outright and buy your mods, but if you just take a check, you can do whatever you want, I suppose.

As stated, fight the reckless charge tooth and nail.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I still have usaa for my scion but went elsewhere for my sti. I will leave usaa all together but my other car is part of a family plan which is payed for by my dad cause he owes me a hefty chuck of change. I wish u the best of luck man. If you can't afford a attorney I suggest you stay calm and collected in front of the judge and make sure not to play the victim to much. Chances are they will at least lower the charge if u present your case in the right manor.

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    But the other guy if they catch him would be at fault as well because he left the scene and that's a federal crime and blah blah
    How is leaving the scene is a federal crime?

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Sleepy, you will prolly wanna fight the reckless since they generally carry more points than a minor infraction depending on your state. Your insurance can ding you pretty good. If you can get the reckless tossed, the failure to signal may get tossed as well based on association.

I wana file for appeal but Im kinda nervous to

Leaving the scene of an accident.
    maybe not federal but I thought it was

I Support ClubWRX
    I just got a headache reading this thread.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Re: anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWRX View Post
    I wana file for appeal but Im kinda nervous to
    Get your paper work together make an appoint and go sit down with jag they won't represent you in court , but they can at lest give you guidance for court.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

i had a talk with them and they told me not to appeal they just said take the fine and request a... i forgot the word but it basically states that if i dont get a ticket for an extended amount of time the points will be removed from my licence. and my insurance rates will go back to normal. $4625 for my cars repairs. only gotta pay $500 of it, woo! So, got court on the 24 of January and my rates will increase from 104 a mo to idk -____- brothers a cop and says may be 200 to 300 D: only did this to myself. so, imma just not drive her get her out the shop detail it park it tarp it and just walk round the base to keep that gas money for insurance costs. i appreciate all yalls help. very very much. Merry Christmas to all!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.