anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Rambo In every rear-ending case I'm familiar with, the person in back is always at fault. Brake-check ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    In every rear-ending case I'm familiar with, the person in back is always at fault. Brake-check or not, you should have left space to stop safely. It's weird the other guy drove off, but at least you won't be paying liability, I suppose. He won't be charged with anything, and trying to go after him likely won't get anywhere.
    Wrong. This varies by state. FL, for example, is a no fault state. Basically means you're responsible for damages to your vehicle regarless of who was "at fault." And it's not weird, the guy could have had no insurance, outstanding warrants, or something else that made him run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    ^This. Don't expect the insurance co to come outright and buy your mods, but if you just take a check, you can do whatever you want, I suppose.

As stated, fight the reckless charge tooth and nail.
    USAA covers all aftermarket parts unless your vehicle is a total loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWRX View Post
    So long story short. I rear ended a guy on the high way he break.checked me while we were going 80 in a 75 I was few lengths back but it was raining so he took off but the cop that saw this only got me, due to the fact I immediately pulled off the road and the officer said, "You were trying to escape." After I patched things up bout that. He still gave me a ticket for reckless driving and failure to signal when I exited the ramp. I filed a hit and run. First question: am I at fault or is the other guy that ran. And my second: could I thru USAA get a lil upgrade ie carbon fiber hood, oem bumper, oem grill, a new radiator support bracket, a new radiator, possibly an alignment, and hopefully get the auto body shop to repair my bent up fmi (only the supports) and as-well-as new headlights? Might need other things but Idk car does feel quite different driving. Might even have a boost leak and a tweeked transmission. First accident ever and honestly I don't feel at fault here (paying $500 deductable). Had a clean record for the 4 years I've been with them (USAA) And because some guy thought that 5 miles over the speed limit was gonna get him pulled over he had a right to slam on his breaks in the stinking rain. Who does that unless their doing something illegal?! Ie stolen car.or something. Sorry, lil mad cause I was supposed to go back home to Texas in 3 days for Chirstmas to see my lady n my Mama, im in the military, but those are my two questions. And I apologize to ClubWRX and to everyone else if I posted this in the wrong section. I looked for 30 min and only saw this a suitable place to post something of sorts... God bless and Happy Holidays.
    USAA will take care of you. But like everyone else said, fight the reckless.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As others have said, definitely fight the ticket. ALWAYS plead not guilty. And forget about the cop not showing up as one person said. Many years ago it used to be that cops had random days and times when they had to show up for tickets, so sometimes something else would interfere and they wouldn't show. For about the last 20+ years, cops have had designated court days where that's where they go and they don't report for regular duty. They will ALWAYS show up.

Drews, are you sure USAA covers aftermarket parts by default? Every insurance company I've ever known requires you to tell them the exact parts you have and how much they cost and put them as a separate rider on your insurance (with a surcharge of course).

OP, you're definitely at fault for the accident, and I would definitely call that reckless driving. Obviously you're also guilty of not signalling. Best case is they knock down the reckless driving and failure to signal to a couple of things with maybe half the points on your license. Worst case, they find you guilty on both with no deal.

Your insurance is likely to increase significantly because of this, but how much is up to the insurance company, and there's no way to know how much until the tickets actually hit your record. I'm not sure how your state works, but in many states they only run your driving record when your policy renews, so your insurance may not increase until then. I've never heard of any company estimating how much your policy will go up. I think it's against their company policy to ever do this and they will only tell you your new rates when they run your driving record and put the new rates in place.

I hope you learned your lesson here:
    1) Slow down
    2) Don't be an aggressive driver
    3) Don't tailgate
    4) Always use your indicators

On a side note, are your student loans really at 17% or is that a typo and they're at 1.7%? If they're at 17%, then you need to immediately speak to a student loan consolidation company and get those rates down because you should be paying something in the 1-2% range. Right now you're just throwing money down the drain. And then don't pay them of early. Student loans are one thing that you should never ever never pay off early (assuming you have the right, very small interest rate). That is terrible financial decision making. It sounds like in general you really need to talk to a financial adviser about your finances because it's apparent you need to get some education on them.

Best of luck with everything!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Drews, are you sure USAA covers aftermarket parts by default? Every insurance company I've ever known requires you to tell them the exact parts you have and how much they cost and put them as a separate rider on your insurance (with a surcharge of course).
    Absolutely. Lindsay works for USAA as an insurance adjuster and just went through that part of the class. It's one of the benefits of being insured through USAA.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWRX View Post
    Let me see here....

Student loans are 300 minimum a month but I've got two years left in the Army left. And calculated if I did $600 is pay it off within 19 months
    Car payments at 380 minimum but if I did 600 is pay it.off a year sooner.
    Paying 50 bucks a month for my mums health insurance; for her paying it would be 250. She isalmost 65...
    45 for my phone
    Than it WAS 104 for car insurance.... But now.....Idk
    30 for haircuts
    that last 30 for toothpaste etc.

Hard life but its my fault from the get go. Only my own self to blame. school loans woulda been taken care of if my.recruiter did his job properly years and years ago. Payed off 17000 of my school loans so far got 11000 left, phew
    Dude...
    Don't you have the SLRP?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123