anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, sounds like the insurance you pay for is doing what you pay them to do, cover your losses. You ...

Ok, sounds like the insurance you pay for is doing what you pay them to do, cover your losses. You need to know that insurance does not "pay to fix your car". They pay you for losses you incur. There is a difference. First, have a trusted repair facility negotiate for the maximum value of your losses. Once that transaction is done and you have agreed on am amount, they will pay you that amount, minus your deducatible, $500 in this case?? Now with that in mind, you can now choose how and what to fix your car with. You can salvage some parts? In you own the car without a lien holder, you can use that money for booze and hookers if you want. Bottom line is that if you get paid $4125 from the insurance company and it costs you $3500 to fix the car, you walk away with $625.

Some examples. My old Toyota was damaged by a hurricane. Scratches, a few small dents. The estimate to fix it was $1425, of which insurance paid me $925. I kept the money and drove around a scratched Toyota. Totally legal. My daughters 2009 Civic was rear ended and had $8000 in damage. We saved money by reusing things like a dented muffler that still worked fine instead of buying a new from from Honda. Again, legal.

Also, since your Subie now will have a Car Fax entry, when you go to sell it it will be worth less. Guess what? That counts of part of your losses so make sure the insurance company know that. They will pay you for those losses.

I would still hire a lawyer and fight that reckless. Think about it, your insurance goes from $104 mo to $280 mo, for three years. That's $6000+ dude. It's better to pay a lawyer $500 then $6300 in extra insurance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah, i spoke to Autocraft of Junction City, Kansas. They had told me their even replacing my FMI that had suffered bent fins, which they coulda just fixed them by hand, but the mount was all jacked up and the piping had rust on it too. Just wonder what intercooler their replacing it with <:/ Im a total idiot and didnt think to ask. They told me theyll give that back to me in my trunk. So, ill just fix it myself and sell it on Craigslist and pray someone would like it for a couple hundred. An SS Automassive intercooler.

i really dont wana sell her C: she is my first Scooby and has deep sentimental value in my heart. Once i get enough money for a home ill garage her and begin a slow but tedious build with an EJ25. And hope that it is done before Jesus' second coming lol

I cant afford a lawyer.... that $500 for my deposit was supposed to be for Christmas leave in gas to drive back and fourth from Kansas to Texas which, took me all year to save up. Im only a PFC (SPC next month God willing) and make $730 biweekly and have $1400+ in bills a month i get about 30 bucks a month, and sometimes my Mum sends me money randomly to help when she knows i cant do it on my own....yeah i feel like a bum -____- All i can do i hope that God realizes ive learned from my mistakes and has the officer not show up to court and the traffic infraction is pardoned. OR God puts mercy in the Judges heart somehow.

Ive got to be truthful....i was racing at the time the guy in front of me saw the cop slammed on his breaks and thus i bumped him, he only got a scratch on his bumper slightly apparently, he and a bunch of other ppl got away because as soon as i saw the red and blue i immediately pulled off the interstate with no signal and the cop came to me. So when the cop had me step out the my baby he told me i was going 90+ and said your lucky i wont take you to jail or impound you vehicle but the ticket was only for reckless driving and failure to use my turn signal he didnt mark the speeding at all....So everybody please forgive me for my lie idk why i lied at all. Guess self contentious about how people view me? idk -___- still no excuse

anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question

You might wanna go see one of the army's fine financial counselors. You're obviously doing something wrong there if you only have 30$ left over a month. What are you spending 1400$ on?
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Let me see here....

Student loans are 300 minimum a month but I've got two years left in the Army left. And calculated if I did $600 is pay it off within 19 months
    Car payments at 380 minimum but if I did 600 is pay it.off a year sooner.
    Paying 50 bucks a month for my mums health insurance; for her paying it would be 250. She isalmost 65...
    45 for my phone
    Than it WAS 104 for car insurance.... But now.....Idk
    30 for haircuts
    that last 30 for toothpaste etc.

Hard life but its my fault from the get go. Only my own self to blame. school loans woulda been taken care of if my.recruiter did his job properly years and years ago. Payed off 17000 of my school loans so far got 11000 left, phew

anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question

I've got a pretty good method to save $30 dollars there. Buy some clippers and go with the screaming eagle.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Student loans, and most car loans are at very low interest rates. Not really worth it to pay off early

I have USAA and have never had a problem with them.

As far as the accident, I know in Delaware even if you didnt cause the crash you are still "at fault" because you were ultimately following too closely or not paying attention to what is ahead of you.

Also even though you felt it was appropriate to pull off thru an offramp with no blinker, put yourself in the police officers shoes and go by what he observed. If I was in a patrol car and saw someone rear end someone then turn off onto an exit ramp with no blinker I would be inclinded to think you were trying to dip out.

Did he explain what he was charging you with reckless driving for? I personally would bring it infront of a judge and plead your case. Best case scenario is the police officer doesnt show up and the charges are dropped and worst case is the reckless driving is held and you pay court costs.

I would look into PBJ or Probation before Justice.
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

Re: anyone have USAA or wisdom of insurance? accident question

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWRX View Post
    Let me see here....

Student loans are 300 minimum a month but I've got two years left in the Army left. And calculated if I did $600 is pay it off within 19 months
    Car payments at 380 minimum but if I did 600 is pay it.off a year sooner.
    Paying 50 bucks a month for my mums health insurance; for her paying it would be 250. She isalmost 65...
    45 for my phone
    Than it WAS 104 for car insurance.... But now.....Idk
    30 for haircuts
    that last 30 for toothpaste etc.

Hard life but its my fault from the get go. Only my own self to blame. school loans woulda been taken care of if my.recruiter did his job properly years and years ago. Payed off 17000 of my school loans so far got 11000 left, phew
    So why don't you stop doubling up on your payments for a few months.....and seriously seek financial help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

GhoStlystang: he did explain he said I caught you going 90+ I'm giving you a ticket for reckless driving and failure to turn signal when you exited the off ramp. However he didn't even "x" the speeding. My pops and brother (a cop) said all I can do is take it. However if the judge asks just explain just leave out what isn't on the ticket. "I wuldn't be in the wrong."

Skidgel: I wish I could but I've got it planned and timed, by which I mean my payments exactly what I need. To pay them off by the time of seperation. I can't even marry the lady I love due to bills which is a catch 22. Can't afford to support her and I couldn't marry her so heavily in debit. So in two years when all is said and done. If I'm not dead, I could marry. As I said I've only done this to mine own self. Just want this to be put behind me. And I go.back home to Texas a freshman. Buy a bike to save a lot on gas and.go back to college.

GhoStlystang: he did explain he said I caught you going 90+ I'm giving you a ticket for reckless driving and failure to turn signal when you exited the off ramp. However he didn't even "x" the speeding. My pops and brother (a cop) said all I can do is take it. However if the judge asks just explain just leave out what isn't on the ticket. "I wuldn't be in the wrong."

Skidgel: I wish I could but I've got it planned and timed, by which I mean my payments exactly what I need. To pay them off by the time of seperation. I can't even marry the lady I love due to bills which is a catch 22. Can't afford to support her and I couldn't marry her so heavily in debit. So in two years when all is said and done. If I'm not dead, I could marry. As I said I've only done this to mine own self. Just want this to be put behind me. And I go.back home to Texas a freshman. Buy a bike to save a lot on gas and.go back to college.
    If you don't mind me asking what are your interest rates. And have you reconsider refinanceing

2013 WRX

I do not mind at all. USAA told me after my first 3 month premium of 103 a month. It.will drop to 86. And that is full coverage. I pray the police officer ain't show, and USAA told me I find the guy I hit they.give.me my 500 back and blame him.

I do not mind at all. USAA told me after my first 3 month premium of 103 a month. It.will drop to 86. And that is full coverage. I pray the police officer ain't show, and USAA told me I find the guy I hit they.give.me my 500 back and blame him.
    Sorry I was referring to your loan interest rates

2013 WRX

Haha 4.6 on my car and 17 on student loans

Haha 4.6 on my car and 17 on student loans
    4.6 isn't horrible for a car but God damn 17% sounds horrible (disclaimer I have the gi bill so I don't know what the avg is)

2013 WRX

eh i had it before the Army the student loans i mean. 4.6 isnt at all comparable to the later

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.