Has anybody installed or heard nameless axleback with 5 inch mufflers?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Has anybody installed or heard nameless axleback with 5 inch mufflers? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anybody installed or heard the nameless axleback with the 5 inch mufflers for the sedan? I currently have the ...

Has anybody installed or heard nameless axleback with 5 inch mufflers?

Has anybody installed or heard the nameless axleback with the 5 inch mufflers for the sedan?
    I currently have the muffler delete version and find it to be way too loud. I carpool to work every other week and we can barely hear what anybody says in the car most of the time. I don't mind an exhaust that is loud when I mash the gas pedal, but I don't want it to be overwhelming and annoying when cruising at 2.5k rpm.
    Just looking for some opinions here........ Plan on selling the muffler delete but need a replacement besides stock ( which makes no noise).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've got it on my 2011 4-door. Sound is just right IMO, not too loud but you really hear the boxer. Mean is the best way to describe it. Still pops every so often but it's not obnoxious. Deceleration is nice and at WOT it howls.

exactly^. sometimes its even to quiet for me and i wish i got the 4".
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

I'm getting the 4" for my hatch next week and I've heard them on the sedan. They sound pretty much how the car should've from the factory. Not too loud under normal driving with a nice howl under acceleration. And they are really well made to boot!

has anybody paired this up on a CATLESS sedan?
    2011 SWP WRX. Current
    2000 Boosted VSM Civic. SOLD
    "Without disappointment you cannot appreciate victory"

S.L.O.W. member #40

Quote Originally Posted by plasmarex12 View Post
    exactly^. sometimes its even to quiet for me and i wish i got the 4".
    I know what you mean, then I remember that eventually I'll get a DP and that will liven it up.

I have nameless with 5" muffs on my hatch. I know there is a different tone between the two but it sounds awesome.
    I have a quick rev clip. here ya go.
    My 2012 WRX Nameless exhaust with 5" muffler - YouTube
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

i have the sedan with the cobb dp which has a cat. dont get me wrong the car sounds fantastic under wot, and good with spirited driving. just cruising in a high gear you barely can tell there is an exhaust, which for me isnt my cup of tea. only reason i didnt get the 4" is for freeway reasons. no drone and not to loud at all with the 5". my last car(stage 3 cobalt ss) was loud as hell and drove me insane. of course it was full exhaust catless dp and mid lentgh header.any who i couldnt be happier with nameless and their great product.
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.