'13 WRX Quad Projector Retrofit - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on '13 WRX Quad Projector Retrofit within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by chutoyy Mini H1 Projectors Iris Shrouds Morimoto 5Five Bulbs/Ballasts Morimoto 3Five Bulbs/Ballasts I think that's it aside ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
    Mini H1 Projectors
    Iris Shrouds
    Morimoto 5Five Bulbs/Ballasts
    Morimoto 3Five Bulbs/Ballasts
    I think that's it aside from the hardware and paint to make it all work.

One of these days when it's not raining, I'll get some output shots... And the foglights are next. :]

I have a couple of quick questions for you....your retrofit has me wanting to do something similar to mine. I originally wanted STi HIDs, but now am leaning towards a retrofit.

1) Which FX-R projectors did you get, the 2.5" or 3.0"
    2) I see that you got both 3Five and 5Five ballasts. Why? According to TRS, the 55W causes a colorshift and lower lumens when a 'normal' bulb is used. I see that you got Morimoto 50W bulbs for that reason, which will retain the light specs (color and lumens), but lower lifespan. If both 3Five and 5Five give off the same light (when fitted with proper bulbs), why go with higher wattage?
    3) Why did you choose the Mini H1 for the high beams? Not judging in any way, they look great. Just wondering as your low beams are arguably the best projectors available for retrofitting, was your high beam choice made on space, money, or quality?
    4) When you do your fogs, which projectors are you planning on?
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    so..... you put the fr35's in place of the stock headlight and the morimoto's in the high beam? Is that the only way it could work?
    FX-R yes. It's a pretty tight fit with the MH1 in the highbeam area, but if you're willing to do some more fabrication I'm sure you can use a small projector in there.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    I have a couple of quick questions for you....your retrofit has me wanting to do something similar to mine. I originally wanted STi HIDs, but now am leaning towards a retrofit.

1) Which FX-R projectors did you get, the 2.5" or 3.0"
    2) I see that you got both 3Five and 5Five ballasts. Why? According to TRS, the 55W causes a colorshift and lower lumens when a 'normal' bulb is used. I see that you got Morimoto 50W bulbs for that reason, which will retain the light specs (color and lumens), but lower lifespan. If both 3Five and 5Five give off the same light (when fitted with proper bulbs), why go with higher wattage?
    3) Why did you choose the Mini H1 for the high beams? Not judging in any way, they look great. Just wondering as your low beams are arguably the best projectors available for retrofitting, was your high beam choice made on space, money, or quality?
    4) When you do your fogs, which projectors are you planning on?
    2.5" to keep it stock-ish
    I used a 50w bulb and 5Five cause that was the same combo I used on my previous car and I was extremely happy with it.
    MH1 because they're cheap and small enough to fit in the housing nicely. And I wanted to try the newest revision... which is a LOT better than the previous generations.
    I was going to use the Blazer fogs, but TRS said they may have something in the works so I gotta get back to them.
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

Something better then blazzers huh?. I cant wait to see because those are awesome....

Did you have to dremel foe the low beam projectors to fit or were they a direct bol ton and lined up perfect? That the onl part tha tI am iffy on and is holding me back from this. Thanks.

Had to dremel and fabricate some brackets.... It's been a while and many other headlights so I don't remember off the top of my head.
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123