View Poll Results: Which Design

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option #1

4 22.22%
  • Option #2

14 77.78%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Gauging Interest: 2011+ Sedan wrx/sti diffuser within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Guys you are apparently missing the purpose of this diffuser. I a, making it simply because there are none that ...

Guys you are apparently missing the purpose of this diffuser. I a, making it simply because there are none that are affordable/ quality pieces on the market. Yes, the main purpose of this piece is aesthetic, but I designed it for as much function as possible bases off other diffuser designs on other makes of cars.

Impreza 2.0: this is an aesthetic piece that was deigned to still try to be as functional as possible. Stainless is unneeded weight added outward of the wheels. Yes if hit by road debris it will prolly be damaged, but so would a 1/16th stainless unit as well. That's a given, stainless is all expensive and harder to keep in shape when welding, because of the heat. With a mold and carbon fiber or fiberglass the same shape is kept in every piece. There is also no spt diffuser currently available on the market for the 11-13 wrx/sti

11blackwrx: in the post you quoted I stated it is located in the members car gallery part of the forum. I will not link it directly because I'm pretty sure it's not allowed on here. It may be on the second page by now.

Teflon-jones: this is MAINLY an aesthetic piece, but is not PURELY an aesthetic piece. When drawing up my designs I looked at other diffuser designs that were functional and wind tunnel tested and made by reputable companies to look for inspiration. My deign is close to the varis diffuser available for the 11-13 wrx/sti, and I like to think they know what they are doing when they designed theirs. People were wanting a more aggressive design to compliment the already aggressive lines of the gr and I feel like I have delivered that without going to over the top with the design. If I had just kept it inboard of the exhaust, that I basically would have been making a replica of the ht autos version 1 diffuser, and we all know how good that loks( sarcasm intended).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you don't have a wind tunnel and the boffins to test it, your piece is purely for looks.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Your right it is an aesthetic piece. But I tried to implement as much functional design into it without being able to test it as I could. Idk why y'all are insisting its an aesthetic piece, I have admitted it is.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I think it looks great. If you're really that worried about downforce and functionality, I would recommend buying a full undertray diffuser. Props to laextreme5 for seeing a need in the market, making a sketch, and doing it himself to make it a reality. As an aspiring designer in high school, this is the kind of work that really shows what's possible. Way to go, and I hope to see more!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

what happened to this?

Quote Originally Posted by etc335i View Post
    what happened to this?
    Thread diffused.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Thread diffused.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by etc335i View Post
    what happened to this?
    Go up 10 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laextreme5 View Post
    Ok guys since there isn't very much interest on this forum, the rest of the updates will be over on nasioc. If you don't have a account over there, simply pm on here once it's time for payments and such and we will work it out that way. Thanks again for the interest guys. You can find the other thread in the members car gallery, same title.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123