'13 WRX Side Badge Mod Advice?

This is a discussion on '13 WRX Side Badge Mod Advice? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2013 WRB WRX sedan and I was wanting to paint the side badges black and do like ...

I have a 2013 WRB WRX sedan and I was wanting to paint the side badges black and do like XTi24 did and use touch-up paint and paint the WRX lettering in blue and maybe even the lines. I have looked a bit at the badges and I was wondering how they were to be removed and what type of paint I should use.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I personally just used plastidip and put tape around the badge. Didn't even take it off.
    pauller
    2013 Stage 2 SWP WRX Sedan
    Invidia Q300 Ti Tip-Tomei 3in Catless Downpipe- Cobb AP w/ Stage 2+ 93 Map-Cobb SF Intake

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    The trim piece in front of the door that the badge is on comes off pretty easily. I pulled them off and Plastidipped the whole piece - and left the lettering black as well, but its definitely easier to work on that way, and goes back on easily.

See the link: 2011 WRX side emblem options
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Thanks! I searched quite a bit but I never found that thread, I'll post pictures when I get around to doing it

Re: '13 WRX Side Badge Mod Advice?

Why not just do the overlay in whatever color you want?

http://www.cruxmotorsports.com/index...&product_id=72

That's a good idea but I would rather just paint it black, and do the lettering in WRB touch up paint and do a clear coat or two.. The overlay won't give me the look I am going for

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho1741 View Post
    That's a good idea but I would rather just paint it black, and do the lettering in WRB touch up paint and do a clear coat or two.. The overlay won't give me the look I am going for
    ahh i gotcha. carry on then :P

Here is another idea:

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    My buddy just recommended another way of doing this. It seemed quite brilliant to me anyway and will be the way I do it this weekend. He used to do the touch-ups on elevator buttons.

Take the panel off. Clean thoroughly to prep for paint (i.e. acetone cleaner) Here's the cool part - Don't worry about any taping or keeping a steady hand with that tiny brush. Place the panel somewhere firm so that the lettering is completely level. Use a needle (available at any arts and crafts store) and "inject" the indented area with red paint. Allow the paint to spread and create a thin smooth layer (no brush strokes). Repeat if necessary. Do same with a clear enamel and done.
    Original Post
    wick3djester
    2012 WRX HB (OBP)

Wow, thanks.. I am definitely going to do that to mine!