No sunroof with sti hatch? why..... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

This is a discussion on No sunroof with sti hatch? why..... within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; maybe i can convince the dealer to take off the bbs wheels and sell me the the sti hatch for ...

  1. #16
    Registered User EndlessSea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    423
    maybe i can convince the dealer to take off the bbs wheels and sell me the the sti hatch for 2k off....lmao
    i know that'll never happen but a guy can dream!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User EndlessSea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    423
    a sunroof is really only mildly important to me, but it is a factor in my purchase. i really need to decide between the hatch/sedan mostly.

    is there any difference in interior noise for aftermarket turboback exhausts on the hatch vs the sedan?

    seems like a hatch might transfer more noise*edit (drone) to the interior than the sedan would. but i could be wrong just asking?

  4. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    a sunroof is really only mildly important to me, but it is a factor in my purchase. i really need to decide between the hatch/sedan mostly.

    is there any difference in interior noise for aftermarket turboback exhausts on the hatch vs the sedan?

    seems like a hatch might transfer more noise*edit (drone) to the interior than the sedan would. but i could be wrong just asking?
    The last 3 cars I've had all had moonroofs and I recently picked up a base WRX hatch (no moonroof). One thing that really surprised me about no moonroof is the amount of head room! In all cars I've had with moonroofs, I've always felt my head was too close to the roof of the car even with my seat at the lowest possible setting. Not sure if that would help factor in your decision making though. For me, I felt like I very rarely made use of the moonroof anyway so preferred the extra head room and slightly better lower center of gravity and chassis rigidity

  5. #19
    Registered User brew04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by kashikoi View Post
    The last 3 cars I've had all had moonroofs and I recently picked up a base WRX hatch (no moonroof). One thing that really surprised me about no moonroof is the amount of head room! In all cars I've had with moonroofs, I've always felt my head was too close to the roof of the car even with my seat at the lowest possible setting. Not sure if that would help factor in your decision making though. For me, I felt like I very rarely made use of the moonroof anyway so preferred the extra head room and slightly better lower center of gravity and chassis rigidity
    +1

  6. #20
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by kashikoi View Post
    The last 3 cars I've had all had moonroofs and I recently picked up a base WRX hatch (no moonroof). One thing that really surprised me about no moonroof is the amount of head room! In all cars I've had with moonroofs, I've always felt my head was too close to the roof of the car even with my seat at the lowest possible setting. Not sure if that would help factor in your decision making though. For me, I felt like I very rarely made use of the moonroof anyway so preferred the extra head room and slightly better lower center of gravity and chassis rigidity
    That's why I didn't mind not getting one with my wrx, in my rsx the sunroof was a necessity but in the rex the cabin is much more airy.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  7. #21
    Registered User EndlessSea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by kashikoi View Post
    The last 3 cars I've had all had moonroofs and I recently picked up a base WRX hatch (no moonroof). One thing that really surprised me about no moonroof is the amount of head room! In all cars I've had with moonroofs, I've always felt my head was too close to the roof of the car even with my seat at the lowest possible setting. Not sure if that would help factor in your decision making though. For me, I felt like I very rarely made use of the moonroof anyway so preferred the extra head room and slightly better lower center of gravity and chassis rigidity
    ya thats a good point, i kinda miss my sunroof on my old rsx, thats why i wanted one again, but its not a complete deal breaker for me if i dont get one. although headroom isnt an issue for me, as i stand a towering 5'8".....lmao.

  8. #22
    Registered User jgardiner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    316
    In Canada the top-of-the-line STI, the Sport-Tech, comes with a sunroof as standard in the sedan and Wagon. We only have 2 flavours for 2013; the base model and the Sport-Tech.

  9. #23
    OMG WTF MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    8,712
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    is there any difference in interior noise for aftermarket turboback exhausts on the hatch vs the sedan?

    seems like a hatch might transfer more noise*edit (drone) to the interior than the sedan would. but i could be wrong just asking?


    Generally the hatch does transfer more exhaust noise into the cabin.. I don't know about the 2013 specifically, but I would suspect the same.

  10. #24
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,820
    I Support ClubWRX

    Re: No sunroof with sti hatch? why.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Generally the hatch does transfer more exhaust noise into the cabin.. I don't know about the 2013 specifically, but I would suspect the same.
    Oh yes, it is louder in the 3g hatch than the sedan. The same make exhaust sounds louder inside the hatch than the sedan.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  11. #25
    Registered User Axex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Cackalaky
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by jgardiner View Post
    In Canada the top-of-the-line STI, the Sport-Tech, comes with a sunroof as standard in the sedan and Wagon. We only have 2 flavours for 2013; the base model and the Sport-Tech.
    Nice! That's just unfair now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •