Kayak rack for 2011 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Kayak rack for 2011 WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, just got a kayak and thought it would be nice to take my subi to the lakes/rivers instead ...

Kayak rack for 2011 WRX

Hi all, just got a kayak and thought it would be nice to take my subi to the lakes/rivers instead of my dad's '92 Lumina APV :P.

Any recommendations on the racks? I am on a budget thanks to Christmas. Thanks!
    I have an 11 WRX Sedan Limited.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I use the OEM crossbars with the Thule Hull-a-Port carriers. I also have the Inno med. size fairing.

Here's some pics:

--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Thanks, is that these? Thule Hull-a-Port Kayak Carrier - Free Shipping at REI.com

And any sources on where to get the roof bars ?
    Last edited by calisonic; 11-28-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Yup.

I got mine from here:
    2012 Thule 834 Hull-a-Port Kayak Rack - Universal J-Cradles Kayak Carrier Fits All Roof Racks

A lil bit cheaper. Good place, great customer service.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

How does the rex stand up to the bmw ?

they are who completely different cars.

I had an '01 330Ci. Luckily for me, I haven't had any issues with either car. So from a pure enthusiast point of view, the bmw was a lot nicer inside and more comfortable (as you should assume), but the WRX is a lot faster (obviously) and more the "multi-tool" of the car world, at least in my eyes.

My life had outgrown the BMW, and it no longer suited my needs. In my opinion, the WRX is a little bit of everything I wanted in a car.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.