2013 WRX Drivers side lowbeam headlight shines lower than passenger side.

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Drivers side lowbeam headlight shines lower than passenger side. within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got back from the dealership thinking that my headlights on my new wrx werent adjusted correcty, according to the ...

Just got back from the dealership thinking that my headlights on my new wrx werent adjusted correcty, according to the dealership its a safety feature on newer model subarus to have the drivers side lowbeam not shine as far as the passenger for the safety of oncoming traffic.
    Has anybody else heard of this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's usually how most left hand drive cars are. Raise the driver side light up a bit if it bothers you.

Yeah, mine came the same way, to the point that the drivers side light seemed to be pointed at the road. Seeing as I drive at night a lot in heavily wooded areas, my thinking was "screw the other guy, what about MY safety?" (not really).

But it took 15 seconds to adjust them so they shine equally. It's the turn of 1 screw. Passenger side is a little harder, and probably takes 1 minute.

I'm thinking I should do the same thing, it's driving me crazy! Could you post a picture of the adjuster screw that I should be looking for?

I don't have any pictures of my engine bay handy, but it was a 6mm or 8mm silver hex-head screw mounted right on the back-side of the headlight housing in the motor bay - I did it in passing when I was installing my boost gauge I think.

I think it was the only oneon the headlight assembly that could easily be seen. Perhaps someone else will have pictures.

OH WAIT! I think this video has it: 2011 WRX Headlamp adjustment - YouTube

I thought my car was the only one. I will check it
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

The light can only adjust up and down? how about side to side?

only up and down and yes alot of cars come this way to not blind oncoming traffic.
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

Even if you can see oncoming traffic, they can't see you if you raise it up too much. Especially if you have HID's. DOT regulations do have it that way, just don't raise it like the guys in the lifted trucks who think OMGERS MOAR LIGHTZ IZ AWESOMEZZZZ!!!1111one11!!!!!