Roof rack setup (pics please!) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Roof rack setup (pics please!) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thule Hulaport Pro, Med. Inno fairing, and oem crossbars....

Thule Hulaport Pro, Med. Inno fairing, and oem crossbars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rack.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	113651

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks! Your car looks amazing!

ps - what do you think of their ‘hang-two’ setup? it looks like with the hulaport the boards are on their sides?

i can’t wait to get my new car! they think it will arrive in june!
    i currently have a 2002 wrx hatch with 107 K that i am going to sell, and it has yakima strap thang on the roof which has worked great, but as i mentioned it puts strain on the rear window frame.

Heres my old set up. I took it off and now have a black gloss vinyl roof from Premium Auto Styling

2011 WRX WRB
    CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
    Videos on my 2011 Subaru WRX

http://www.youtube.com/smurfinwrx

Instagram @SmurfinWRX

BTW i like your videos… the yakima on my current car (2002 wrx hatch) puts pressure on the rear window seal because of where the clip on the q tower goes. i like the look of the set up on ‘mammal’s ‘ car above, so i guess i may order the stock oem’s.

thanks man!
    2011 WRX WRB
    CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
    Videos on my 2011 Subaru WRX

http://www.youtube.com/smurfinwrx

Instagram @SmurfinWRX

Quote Originally Posted by seasiren View Post
    Thanks! Your car looks amazing!

ps - what do you think of their ‘hang-two’ setup? it looks like with the hulaport the boards are on their sides?

i can’t wait to get my new car! they think it will arrive in june!
    i currently have a 2002 wrx hatch with 107 K that i am going to sell, and it has yakima strap thang on the roof which has worked great, but as i mentioned it puts strain on the rear window frame.
    Thanks man you gotta subscribe to my build thread!

To be honest, everyone has been telling me about those but I have yet to see them in action yet lol. I love my Hulaports. Super easy to setup and I like that they fold down.

You ordered a 13??? Sorry I'm to lazy to read back 10 comments hahahaha

Yep!!! Can’t wait! It’s dark gray metallic, short throw, fog lights, and a few other add ons. I’ll probably opt for the crossbars then since they look good on your car. Didn’t want a sun roof so I didn’t get the premium

I Support ClubWRX
    i love this.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman View Post

that looks really sharp!!

Yep!!! Can’t wait! It’s dark gray metallic, short throw, fog lights, and a few other add ons. I’ll probably opt for the crossbars then since they look good on your car. Didn’t want a sun roof so I didn’t get the premium
    Nice man! I had a premium 11 sedan and the only thing I really liked was the heated seats and wipers. Other than that the sunroof was barely used because I had my rack setup on it and the wind noise was horrible. Yes I read the warning sticker on the crossbar but I wanted to see what subaru was talking about.. LOL

oh, so its true then? the oems make alot of noise? i keep hearing conflicting reports. some people say none and others say yes!? otherwise i will try to do something like a whispbar by yakima if i can get a fit for the car.

oh, so its true then? the oems make alot of noise? i keep hearing conflicting reports. some people say none and others say yes!? otherwise i will try to do something like a whispbar by yakima if i can get a fit for the car.
    The only time my factory crossbars made noise was when I opened the sunroof. Subaru does not recommend that you should open your sunroof with the crossbars for that very reason. I can honestly say that after getting my inno fairing I have next to no wind noise. Before installing the fairing I had a lot of whisping and whistling with the Hullaports on my oem crossbars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    The only time my factory crossbars made noise was when I opened the sunroof. Subaru does not recommend that you should open your sunroof with the crossbars for that very reason. I can honestly say that after getting my inno fairing I have next to no wind noise. Before installing the fairing I had a lot of whisping and whistling with the Hullaports on my oem crossbars.
    sorry i was confused, i got it now.

sorry i was confused, i got it now.
    hahaha no worries my dude!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast