rim qesutions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on rim qesutions within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so ive moved on from engine mods as i like the power FOR NOW , but i got a couple ...

rim qesutions

so ive moved on from engine mods as i like the power FOR NOW , but i got a couple qeustions about rims,

currently i have rims on there with the size 17 x 7.5 offset +45 runnning 215/45/17 i want to get new tyres but i wanna be able to stretch them just that little bit not much but i like how they look could i go with 205/45/17? ? im not running standard suspension, i have heavy duty king springs (rear- KSRL-24SL front- KSFL-22SL) on there wich has drop ride height abit, i already have problems scraping and i dont want to get the ride much rougher than what it is, the tyre walls look to flat at the moment

i know this has been answred before but im not 100% on doing it so ill ask,
    rota t2r 18x9.5 5x100 +38 really intrest me i might get them will they fit straight on i dont want to roll gaurds but i will stretch tyres? and i dont wanna lower the car i just want the gap beetween the gaurd and tyre closer lol if that made sense :P

what my car looks like at the moment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PHOTO_1333992475159.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Sounds to me like you're looking for the hellaflush stance.

I think your car looks perfectly fine.

I use a 17x9, with a +44 offset...... and I had to roll my fenders significantly..... and I have run a pretty aggressive camber to clear the fenderwells.

18x9.5 with a +38??? You will rub..... a lot. You will absolutely have to roll your fenders..... probably even pull/stretch them a bit

I can also tell you that when you go that wide, you have to go extremely low, otherwise your car looks like a 4x4.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Sounds to me like you're looking for the hellaflush stance.

I think your car looks perfectly fine.

I use a 17x9, with a +44 offset...... and I had to roll my fenders significantly..... and I have run a pretty aggressive camber to clear the fenderwells.

18x9.5 with a +38??? You will rub..... a lot. You will absolutely have to roll your fenders..... probably even pull/stretch them a bit

I can also tell you that when you go that wide, you have to go extremely low, otherwise your car looks like a 4x4.
    yea i do want the hellaflush stance but at the same time i dont wanna go that low lol what about stretching tyres abit? with these rims on there?

Proper term is "wheels"

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Don't get stretched tires...that's the dumbest, and least functional thing I've ever seen.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

rim qesutions

Just to educate OP a bit.

You loose a lot of function going super low and with stretched tires...most of the "Hellaflush" guys are not able to turn their wheel they are so low. Thus a three point turn ends up being a six point, etc.

Stretched tires can be dangerous...imagine you have to corner to avoid something in your path and your tire comes off the wheel...a mild/extremely minimal stretch can be acceptable but putting something like a 205 on a 9.5" wide wheel is asking for issues IMO.

Most Subaru owners would agree that function is more important than form. Though personally I try and shoot for the middle. I'd suggest a 8.5-9" wide wheel with a 225/40 and about a 1.75" drop. I'd even add an RCK at this point.

There's nothing wrong with having it look how you want it to look, it's your car, by all means do as you wish but Subaru's are designed for rally, not stance. And you'll likely get flack for it.

In order to stance your vehicle I would suggest the following...

Coilovers (BC BR or something entry level)
    Whiteline RCK (will correct some of the suspension geometry issues you WILL be facing by extending your ball joints)
    Camber Plates or Camber bolts (plates may come with certain sets of coilovers bolts are going to max out if you stance)

The camber plates will allow you to run a more tailored alignment to accommodate the wheel/tire combo. I would also suggest a fender roller and maybe a pull just to not bottom out or rub on every bump in the road (you will likely bottom out a lot at this height).

If you're still dead set on stacking your car look into wrongfitmentcrew or somewhere like stancewerks you'll see more info there.

And if you want to slam it...BCs will blow out pretty easily, especially if you intend on driving a lot and normally.

rim qesutions

BC also makes a different set-up for slammed cars. You get what you pay for with coils but if the goal is to slam it you'll have that issue no matter what and I wouldn't bother with quality coils.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.