Need some ideas for fuel door
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need some ideas for fuel door within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I came out of my Wife's work to find a dent/scrape in my fuel door... luckily it was only there. ...

Need some ideas for fuel door

I came out of my Wife's work to find a dent/scrape in my fuel door... luckily it was only there. I went on paintscratch.com and ordered paint. Of course I forgot to check to make sure the paint was a perfect match, until I got it all done.. well it's not a perfect match, which is my own fault so i'll just have to take the 50.00 hit that the paint cost me.

Anyway, so now i'm trying to figure out some ideas for the fuel door. The car is a 2012 WRX in blue. I had thought about maybe using a grey paint that would match the wheels... also thought about a CF door, but I can't find them for the 2012's.

Maybe I could do the grey and put some sort of subaru emblem on it? Idk, i'm pretty irritated now after about a week of work, painting, and waiting and back and forth.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Need some ideas for fuel door

Do they make an after market billet one? But I like the grey to match the wheels then some form of decal like WARNING RACE FUEL ONLY.....or something like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by skidgel View Post
    Do they make an after market billet one? But I like the grey to match the wheels then some form of decal like WARNING RACE FUEL ONLY.....or something like that

I honestly have not found an aftermarket one anywhere.

Re: Need some ideas for fuel door

The only thing I found are the chrome skins

2013 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by skidgel View Post
    The only thing I found are the chrome skins

I didn't even find those lol.

What do you think of a carbon fiber vinyl wrap?

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you paint the whole thing, or just the scratches?

GrimmSpeed makes a rattle-can paint that is supposed to match WRB (World Rally Blue) exactly if that is the color you have. If you are PBP (Plasma Blue Pearl, aka dark blue), this wouldn't help.

GrimmSpeed
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Did you paint the whole thing, or just the scratches?

GrimmSpeed makes a rattle-can paint that is supposed to match WRB (World Rally Blue) exactly if that is the color you have. If you are PBP (Plasma Blue Pearl, aka dark blue), this wouldn't help.

GrimmSpeed
    Yes, I saw that after I had ordered the 10.00 more paint from paintscratch.com. Their paint has always matched in the past. I don't know what happened, if it was somehow the clearcoat that made it not match. It's supposed to be made so that the base + clear will create a perfect match.

Quote Originally Posted by BigpjiWRX View Post
    What do you think of a carbon fiber vinyl wrap?
    I'm all for that. It depends on what it would cost. I can do a carbon fiber paint job on the door now for about 20.00 or so.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.