Blue Batmobile Overlays
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Blue Batmobile Overlays within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Over all, a great product! No complaints. Andy seems like a great dude and I had my product within about ...

Blue Batmobile Overlays

Over all, a great product! No complaints. Andy seems like a great dude and I had my product within about a week of initial contact. He sent them in the mail Wednesday and I got them Friday. The outside overlays were a PITA and I'm not proud to say it took me over four hours to complete installation, but thats just the nature of the beast and my inexperience working. First install!

Pics!

Out of the package.

Well that won't do!

Still have to try and get these out. Hopefully I don't have to order a new overlay

Debating wether or not I should install these or leave them as is. What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User thescreensavers's Avatar
    Yea the outside overlays look like a pain. Looks like we had ours shipped at the same time.

I am getting my Car tinted on Wed and hoping they can do it. Flat Surfaces I can possibly do, but the curves is what I can't do lol.
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback
    GTWORX Cup Kit w/RCE Yellows/RCE Swaybars/Kartboy Endlinks/Muffler Delete/Shorty Antenna/

All of the inner over lays were pretty much cake. Haha you're probably making the right choice having them professionally done. The amount of time it takes for someone who hasn't installed overlays before is pretty ridiculous.

^ heh yea, I have used BlueBat on my previous car(g35 sedan) took a experienced installer 3 hours to get all the bubbles out and it came out perfect, very curvy lights.

Trying to save some money by getting it done with Tinting but the curves is something tinters have no idea about so I might end up calling the same person I used before, which I know will do them right.
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback
    GTWORX Cup Kit w/RCE Yellows/RCE Swaybars/Kartboy Endlinks/Muffler Delete/Shorty Antenna/

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    looks great! i wouldnt do the smoked over the red, like in the last pic. i would leave it as is.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Re: Blue Batmobile Overlays

Not to knock overlays at all as I have no experience with them personally, but I just painted mine and they came out amazing and was really quite easy.

Sent from my HTC Amaze using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    looks great! i wouldnt do the smoked over the red, like in the last pic. i would leave it as is.

Thanks! Those little crinkles in the 6th and 7th pic get to me in the worst way, though. I decided to go ahead and order just the outer overlays and have them installed professionally.

^ for 10 bucks you can also do the third brake light uptop.
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikr View Post
    Not to knock overlays at all as I have no experience with them personally, but I just painted mine and they came out amazing and was really quite easy.

Yeah I considered that. I would have done it but I like the option of being able to remove them if I have too. Did you use VHT?

Of course I did the brake light!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1351478537134.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 2012-WRX-PBP View Post
    Yeah I considered that. I would have done it but I like the option of being able to remove them if I have too. Did you use VHT?
    The paint can be taken off pretty easily and no way, no how am I ever going back to clear lenses.

I used Duplicolor Metalcast Red and Rustoleum Clear, came out real nice.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.