2012 roof rack attachment question

This is a discussion on 2012 roof rack attachment question within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently got interested in mountain biking, so I purchased a OEM roof rack and am trying to decide on ...

2012 roof rack attachment question

I recently got interested in mountain biking, so I purchased a OEM roof rack and am trying to decide on a attachment for my bike.

From the searches I've done, Yakima front loaders seem to e the preferred choice...but does anyone have any other opinions? Just looking for the best option.

Thank you!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What type of bike are you riding? I have a front loader, and I really like the idea of a very secure way to transport with the axle being threaded in, but I have a Trek Fuel and the front fork drop outs are very thick and will not fit. I had to buy an adapter for 50 dollars so that I could use the same set up basically, but now no locking for security if parked in a lot or something, but a chain lock would fix that My quick release axle is threaded so it takes a bit longer for me to remove and install my front wheel, but doesnt bother me and i know my bike wont shake off the rack or whatever. My buddy who I ride with has a full down hill set up, with triple crown forks and everything, big beast, he picked up INA388 / inno (RV-Inno) / ADVANCED CAR RACKS, . Basically it just holds both tires, and is muuuuch quicker to load and unload, and comes with a chain lock. Its a very good price also and fits the oem rack Both are very good products and I would be happy with either, just depending on what your wanting to ride and how quickly and often you load and unload.

Re: 2012 roof rack attachment question

It's just a Stock trek Mamba....its a 29er. I'm a newb at this! Does that help?,

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a huge fan of Rocky Mounts - they are a local company and build some awesome stuff.

RockyMounts - Bike Racks

Re: 2012 roof rack attachment question

Mcdbrenden, which style do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Rocky Mounts - they are a local company and build some awesome stuff.

RockyMounts - Bike Racks
    I just placed an order after saving up some spare cash for their Tierod model. Can't wait.

INA388 / inno (RV-Inno) / ADVANCED CAR RACKS, or any other brand with the similar style would fit perfect. even the front mount ones, but make sure your forks will fit. What you could do is go to a bike shop, and tell them what you want and are looking for, let them know what shape your bars are on your roof and they should know what to help you with, you dont have to purchase there.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post

RockyMounts - Bike Racks

Love the rocky mounts!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeusFenix View Post
    Mcdbrenden, which style do you use?

I had an old Tie-Rod on my last Jeep and will be picking up a new one for the WRX in the spring.

Those rocky mounts look slick! I ended up going with the Yakima as that is what our local bike guru recommended. ORS Racks had a 10% off sale, free shipping, and Yakima has a 2 free lock core thing going..so I couldnt pass that up! $152.10 for the rack.

Thanks for the advice everybody!

That's a good price for everything combined, nice work. Locking cores are a must.

I use a thule with my oem racks for my stumpjumper comp 29er. Just dont run the car in to the garage with the bike still on top of the car multiple times (dur dur dur especially when talking to a new girl and bring her back to your house). Luckily i have no dents or scratches on my rook (2011 wrx, and i have gone through 3 front racks do to my dumbassness. What is the saying again? God protects the idiots bla bla bla and something else lol) Good thing did come out of the last dumbassness, landed me a gf lol