To Repaint or Polish Out a Razor blade Mark - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on To Repaint or Polish Out a Razor blade Mark within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by T0rque Get your car fixed, period. A good body shop will NOT paint one panel, the car ...

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Get your car fixed, period. A good body shop will NOT paint one panel, the car has adjacent panels that must be blended. It is simple and will look great when done correctly. Spend time and choose carefully but get the car fixed. The detailer is obviously an idiot and hasnt delt with any actual body shops. A body shop that warranties there work for life would definitely fix a bumper if it were to ever flake, I am willing to bet the cost of the paint job it wont.

GET YOUR CAR FIXED. The installer is trying to dodge the work by asking someones opinion that shouldnt even speak. Asking a detailer if your car should be repainted is like asking your dentist why your **** is dripping green.
    Oops, sorry I used the wrong wording to classify the repair guy. He's not a really detailer, but more of person that repairs small damages that require touch-up work.
    Last edited by fr_awd; 11-06-2012 at 10:01 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    a detailer is going to tell you all day long they can fix the damage, a razor blade to paints clear coat is not repairable by sand paper and polish. a body shop is correct in stating that it is about the expertise of a detailer. You should trust me I know what I am talking about on this topic. Probably more than the body shops your talking too.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

im kinda late with this but what exactly is a clear bra, i have seen the black ones, but never a clear one, does it actually work?

Here's an update on this matter.

So my car is at a shop atm and they are going to repaint the bumper. Earlier today, I had all the film removed and we saw alot more scratches that the film was covering on the bumper. A mobile repair guy I mentioned in a previous post came out and tried to wet sand/buff. On his first attempt to repair a small scratch, he noticed that after 2 passes with the buffer, a portion of the clear came right off. Therefore, he stopped and said the clear coat on this bumper is too thin and a respray is the only option.

I Support ClubWRX

To Repaint or Polish Out a Razor blade Mark

Yup

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12