2012 STI---Hella Horn Install

This is a discussion on 2012 STI---Hella Horn Install within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can please move this to a existing long running Hella Horn thread if in wrong spot.. thanks Just installed a ...

2012 STI---Hella Horn Install

Can please move this to a existing long running Hella Horn thread if in wrong spot.. thanks

Just installed a set on my 2012 STI so i thought i would chime in here....The 2012 grill removal is a pain but do able....theres the normal quick plugs on top all 7-8 of them and 2 phillips screws at either end of top grill need to come out...then there are 4 phillips on the inside bottom of grill to come out as well(use a mirror inside to find them helps--2outside--2 in middle) I made up a 2 grnd jumper to the middle stock bolt as in the video link below....there is no need for a bracket as you can use the stock again and just buy a 10mm nut/waher/lock washer and bolt for exact other side as theres a predrilled hole there....i unhooked the ONE stock horn in front(no other horn i could find anywhere on 2012) and made up a male to two female jumper...ran that from the stock female plug to each hella horn, and one grnd each from the centre grnd post i made up at beginning to each horn....works great and both work and no need to grnd as the stock carries the load etc.....just thought i would throw in a 2012 easy install as every year seems to be different....heres the link i used for a general and what tools and stuff needed...

Hella Supertone Install - 2004 Subaru WRX - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks bro. Ignore the stupid comments on that video.