2012 STI---Hella Horn Install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 STI---Hella Horn Install within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can please move this to a existing long running Hella Horn thread if in wrong spot.. thanks Just installed a ...

2012 STI---Hella Horn Install

Can please move this to a existing long running Hella Horn thread if in wrong spot.. thanks

Just installed a set on my 2012 STI so i thought i would chime in here....The 2012 grill removal is a pain but do able....theres the normal quick plugs on top all 7-8 of them and 2 phillips screws at either end of top grill need to come out...then there are 4 phillips on the inside bottom of grill to come out as well(use a mirror inside to find them helps--2outside--2 in middle) I made up a 2 grnd jumper to the middle stock bolt as in the video link below....there is no need for a bracket as you can use the stock again and just buy a 10mm nut/waher/lock washer and bolt for exact other side as theres a predrilled hole there....i unhooked the ONE stock horn in front(no other horn i could find anywhere on 2012) and made up a male to two female jumper...ran that from the stock female plug to each hella horn, and one grnd each from the centre grnd post i made up at beginning to each horn....works great and both work and no need to grnd as the stock carries the load etc.....just thought i would throw in a 2012 easy install as every year seems to be different....heres the link i used for a general and what tools and stuff needed...

Hella Supertone Install - 2004 Subaru WRX - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks bro. Ignore the stupid comments on that video.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.