New Owners Licese Plate Rubbing

This is a discussion on New Owners Licese Plate Rubbing within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just a heads up for you new owners and maybe some old ones. Some of you may want to put ...

I Support ClubWRX

New Owners Licese Plate Rubbing

Just a heads up for you new owners and maybe some old ones. Some of you may want to put some tape on the back of your front license plate, put a few rubber washers as before you mount the front license plate, spray the back of it with plasti dip or something else. I just installed my GrimmSpeed relocation kid and found that some parts of the letters were rubbing on the bumper (not the area where you can install a license plate delete). Its really not a big deal and most wont notice it but its just a heads up.

2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i plasti dipped the back of my rear plate

Thanks for the heads up. I actually just fixed a scratch that my rear plate caused. I got a metal license plate frame and it was rubbing in one spot everytime I closed the trunk.

For the front plate, I got a picense plate mounting bracket from walmart ($5). I'm not one to put cheap parts on my car but this actually served it purpose. It lifts the front plate about 1cm away from the body of the car so it doesn't rub against anything.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

plate

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    i plasti dipped the back of my rear plate
    I'd like to Plastidip the whole friggin plate.
    Ooh yeah! soon as I deliver these groceries your car gets smoked!