2013 WRX Sedan, Spoiler or no spoiler?

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Sedan, Spoiler or no spoiler? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, real close to putting in an order for my 2013 SWP base wrx sedan and I'm kind of ...

Hey guys, real close to putting in an order for my 2013 SWP base wrx sedan and I'm kind of stuck.... Hopefully your opinions will help me decide! I'm really stuck between getting the rear deck spoiler option or not. I'm definitely getting the fog light kit so I guess the spoiler flows better with the fog lights...? I know I can always add on the spoiler from the dealer but I doubt ill go that route so I want to make the right decision from the beginning. I'm honestly 50/50 spilt between the two! Please share your thoughts

Also what do you guys think about the sti ts lip? Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I was looking at getting a WRX I was really looking for the most affordable way to do so. I had read on the forums that the fog lights are pretty much worthless, so they were out for me. Since I wasn't willing to get a premium or limited model, I just wanted a few things. Really the only options I considered were the spoiler and the short shifter. I could have gone either way with the spoiler, but when I came across a blue sedan w/spoiler on the lot I went for it. I ended up getting the short shifter, all weather mats, wheel locks and spoiler for under the MSRP starting price. In the end it comes down to you. Take a look online for sedans with and without it and make the choice. I like the sedan with and without the spoiler, just no STI spoiler for me. I think its just a bit too much.

Here is what mine looks like with spoiler. Not sure if it will help in your decision making, but there it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    My criteria for deciding on an accessory or not are quite morbid, but effective.

1. Would I be seen dead in that?
    2. Would I drive that to a funeral?

The WRX spoiler passes both tests. There are other Subaru accessories, however, that do not. (I won't name them to protect the innocent).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by mdkflip View Post
    When I was looking at getting a WRX I was really looking for the most affordable way to do so. I had read on the forums that the fog lights are pretty much worthless, so they were out for me. Since I wasn't willing to get a premium or limited model, I just wanted a few things. Really the only options I considered were the spoiler and the short shifter. I could have gone either way with the spoiler, but when I came across a blue sedan w/spoiler on the lot I went for it. I ended up getting the short shifter, all weather mats, wheel locks and spoiler for under the MSRP starting price. In the end it comes down to you. Take a look online for sedans with and without it and make the choice. I like the sedan with and without the spoiler, just no STI spoiler for me. I think its just a bit too much.
    Thanks for the reply! The picture definitely does help. If I weren't ordering I guess I wouldn't care about accessories and what not. But I want to get it right from the start. I leaning more towards getting the spoiler now. As for the fog lights I like it for appearance not really for function. A coupe hundred dollars won't really effect much on my monthly payment

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    My criteria for deciding on an accessory or not are quite morbid, but effective.

The WRX spoiler passes both tests. There are other Subaru accessories, however, that do not. (I won't name them to protect the innocent).
    I like the way you think lol

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

No spoiler is the way to go. Real sleeper or get an aftermarket. Mines an M3 off eBay for like 50 bucks. I think it looks better but that's just me. You really cannot go wrong.

Sent from 125mph

Quote Originally Posted by shadidd View Post
    No spoiler is the way to go. Real sleeper or get an aftermarket. Mines an M3 off eBay for like 50 bucks. I think it looks better but that's just me. You really cannot go wrong.

Sent from 125mph
    That's exactly what I'm stuck on! I saw that exact same lip on eBay and was really considering it but it doesn't come painted any more pics of ur car bro? Thanks!

Yeah the one I got came painted for that price. Took awhile but not too bad.

Deleted that chrome strip.

Sent from 125mph

Wow the car looks great! Thanks for the pics. U have the link for the link by any chance?

No sorry but it was thespoilercompany on eBay. Pretty sure that was it.

Sent from 125mph

No sorry but it was thespoilercompany on eBay. Pretty sure that was it.

Sent from 125mph
    Ok thanks, it looks like rubber that you tirm, am I correct? I also like the sti ts lip but it does cost more.

TS lip is next but you order this one to size. 42.5 inches will do it.

Sent from 125mph

TS lip is next but you order this one to size. 42.5 inches will do it.

Sent from 125mph
    Thanks!