IAG vs bluebatmobile overlays
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on IAG vs bluebatmobile overlays within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Been wanting to do the the red overlays for a while now and I'm starting to look into it. I ...

Been wanting to do the the red overlays for a while now and I'm starting to look into it. I have decided on overlays because it is reversible just in case I want to change back or the result isn't what I'm looking for. What is the difference in the IAG overlays and the bluebatmobile ones, which is better quality? Also if you have a 2011/2012 silver hatchback with either of them could you post a pic and state which darkness you got (like 3/10, etc). Thanks a million

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User RapscallionInPBP's Avatar
    You might have already seen this, but here ya go anyway...

Blue Batmobile/Overlay Thread - Hatch Edition! - NASIOC

^NASIOC post containing various examples and reviews of the bluebatmobile overlays.
    Forever nub...

Registered User thescreensavers's Avatar
    I have had Bluebats overlays 3 years on a different car and they were still good.

Only issue with bluebats is that he cuts them by hand and sometimes he does not leave enough material to work with, but the WRX hatch tail lights are not nearly as curvy as the ones I had done.

I will say I ordered the IAG overlays and my tint guy said the material was MUCH thinner than the stuff he normally uses (Lamin-X). He couldn't even get it to work, so now I've wasted money on those overlays only to have the tint shop cut out their own overlays in the end.

I wish I would have gotten the BlueBats.

Sent from my Batphone using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB WRX hatch - TP Stage 3 - Racer X FMIC - GS EBCS - SF intake - Invidia turboback (Q300) - TurboSmart BPV - Morimoto 4500k retrofit - Miro 111 18x9.5
    2013 DCP FXT - TP Stage 2 - Perrin dp - STi catback - 2011 WRX wheels

Stink Eye Mob #XXIV

Update: IAG is sending me a replacement set at no charge. Great customer service. I'll post pics when it's finally done.

Sent from my Batphone using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB WRX hatch - TP Stage 3 - Racer X FMIC - GS EBCS - SF intake - Invidia turboback (Q300) - TurboSmart BPV - Morimoto 4500k retrofit - Miro 111 18x9.5

Stink Eye Mob #XXIV

Sorry for the bad cell phone pics. I'll get some good ones done soon.

Stink Eye Mob #XXIV

does anyone make dark tinted overlays like this?

look here

Subaru 2008 WRX STI Overlays Photos by BlueBatmobile2005 | Photobucket

I got mine from him and they are good
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback
    GTWORX Cup Kit w/RCE Yellows/RCE Swaybars/Kartboy Endlinks/Muffler Delete/Shorty Antenna/

sweet. where can i order them at. it just takes me to their photobucket

Click on the one you want, it should show his Email Address there as well as a part number.

You write him an an email with the part numbers and he sends you back instructions to order.
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback
    GTWORX Cup Kit w/RCE Yellows/RCE Swaybars/Kartboy Endlinks/Muffler Delete/Shorty Antenna/

thats pretty weird. how trustworthy is he?
    2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

^ he is perfectly trustworthy, google his name.

I have ordered two overlays from him no problems.
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback

He's super trustworthy but kinda takes a while to respond to your emails and doesn't really read his emails completely. The tint shop messed up on my overlays and I sent him a LONG email with a few requests and he responded to the email with an email of his own saying, "sure". AT LEAST capitalize the "s" and give me a period... at least.

I also agree with thescreensavers on the fact that he doesn't allow for much extra vinyl to allow you to stretch and apply the vinyl. The tint shop that failed on my install said to ask him for just a plain square that is larger than the lens.

Good luck!!!

I ended up not going the overlay route and decided to paint mine instead with red vht niteshades and rustoleum clear coat, and i couldn't be happier with the results. much cheaper and less chance of error (bubbles or creases on the overlays, etc).

+1 for blue bat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast