Remove spoiler and patch holes?

This is a discussion on Remove spoiler and patch holes? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I assume this isnt to hard but how hard is it to make the paint look nice afterwards?...

Remove spoiler and patch holes?

I assume this isnt to hard but how hard is it to make the paint look nice afterwards?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I assume this isnt to hard
    I disagree, specifically because you are asking.

Since you are asking, I strongly recommend you swap trunks with someone rather than attempt to patch the holes in yours and paint it.

There are trunk swap threads for this purpose; have a look around.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Pay a professional.

Thanks for the tips!

I have mine off just to see if I like the look for the long run. I took it out and covered the holes with blue painters tape. Its even stormed and its lasted well with one little piece.

Probably could glue some metal to the back of the hole, and then fill it with some bondo. Spray the trunk with a spray can of paint and a clear coat. Probably would cost about $60-80, but if it didn't look perfect, I would just be back to paying a professional to fix it anyways.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive done this numberous times, depending on the color and condition of the paint your in it 300-500, Pull off the spoiler, grind down the trunk, weld in some plugs, grind down, apply light weight plastic filler, prime, block, prime, mask off and wet sand blending areas, base coat, clear coat, some instances tri stage coat, bake, polish.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC