Rear Bumper Mod
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rear Bumper Mod within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; So im getting the invidia n1 Racing exhaust with single tip for my wrx, but the only problem is the ...

Rear Bumper Mod

So im getting the invidia n1 Racing exhaust with single tip for my wrx, but the only problem is the rear bumper is gonna look funny with the dual spaces for a quad tipped exhaust. Anyone know any cool mods to make the single tip fit it in a little better?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get a different exhaust?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Get a different exhaust?
    ^^^ This
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Get a different exhaust?
    ^^^^

Some guy in my area with an s2000 has a single output exhaust with a dual cutout bumper, and he put a brakelight in the cutout. honestly, not the look I'm after, but i feel it looks better then the dumb cutout with nothing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Some guy in my area with an s2000 has a single output exhaust with a dual cutout bumper, and he put a brakelight in the cutout. honestly, not the look I'm after, but i feel it looks better then the dumb cutout with nothing in it.
    Thats exactly what it is, Im settled on this exhaust for the price, maybe a tow hook could fit there...

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the n1 race and i dont think it looks that bad
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    I have the n1 race and i dont think it looks that bad
    Doesnt look that out of place? and what about the noise?

I Support ClubWRX

Rear Bumper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    In continental western countries, using the right for the exhaust and the left for a red lamp is brilliant (pardon the pun): rear fog lamps ought to be mandatory.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

You could do it like the puma imprezas & just cut the diffuser out all together. Then you'd be showing off that nice big chrome pipe too
    Just a thought. All it would take is a dremmel with the cutting bit & a steady hand.

Re: Rear Bumper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    ^^^ This
    That^

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    ^^^ This
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    That^

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Those ^^
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Let's keep this on topic guys, this isn't OT, and the rules specifically state to be extra patient and curteous in the New Member Forums.

To answer the OP's question more directly, I don't think there's a lot you can do other than significant modification to the bumper (i.e. cutting it up nearly to the point of removal), which you may or may not be willing to do on a new car. I do like the idea of a rear fog light in the other cutout. That would certainly be unique and an extra safety measure as well.

Obviously, Subaru designed the car to have a dual exhaust, so there won't be anything OEM out there to fix this. Maybe try talking to an exhaust shop about doing a custom setup for you?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Rear Bumper Mod

I cleaned up the trash in here...

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo
    To answer the OP's question more directly, I don't think there's a lot you can do other than significant modification to the bumper (i.e. cutting it up nearly to the point of removal), which you may or may not be willing to do on a new car. I do like the idea of a rear fog light in the other cutout. That would certainly be unique and an extra safety measure as well.
    I'd worry about unnecessary discussions with LEO if I had a rear-facing light on my car, regardless if it was powered on or not. Plus, I think it would draw even more attention to the unevenness than the empty outlet.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Rear fog lamps are red. They are intended to prevent rear end collisions. They are also common, though only one of my cars has one fitted from the factory. The Imprezas do have the provision at least in some models, and there are ways to get the hardware for the factory rear fog at least for the older cars.

I see them in use all the time even in SoCal and even without fog, because people don't know their front fog light switch also actuates their rear fogs. Common on imports.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast