Smoked Taillights?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Smoked Taillights? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2009 WRX sedan, and i really want to smoke my tail lights! I have already tried applying ...

Smoked Taillights?

I have a 2009 WRX sedan, and i really want to smoke my tail lights! I have already tried applying a film to the tail lights when they are removed from the car but there is one spot where the angle is to awkward and the film bubbles up, even with a heatgun. I am simply wondering what are some ways to smoke your tail lights without it looking tacky?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kteezy09 View Post
    I am simply wondering what are some ways to smoke your tail lights without it looking tacky?
    No. Drivers behind you will have a harder time seeing your brake & tail lights. Drive with sunglasses at night?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    You might want one of these very shortly:

Smoking your taillights reduces the visible light of your brake lights. If you meant smoking them black, it will be harder for other cars to tell if your stopping, or see you at night. I hardly blame you for wanting to tint them another color than the flaming chrome, but a better option would be these types of overlays, that just tint the lights red:

Applicable thread which might help you out:
    VHT Nite shades vs. Tail light Overlays.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I have LED tail lights! they are bright

I Support ClubWRX
    Tint is tint. I mean this in the nicest way possible - good luck with your potential rear end collision.

If it is a show car fine, a daily driver not so much.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I've can attest to almost hitting a few murdered out "mafioso" cars. Annoying as F. Capital F.

Smoked Taillights?

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    I've can attest to almost hitting a few murdered out "mafioso" cars. Annoying as F. Capital F.
    This. All kinds of retards here who think they need there cars (or trucks) completely murdered out. I wonder if it will be considered their fault if I rear end them because I can't see their lights..... Should be.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

i dont want my car to be murdered out! my car is the subaru blue, and the tint i have been seeing for the rear lights doesnt make them completely black, its simply a tint a very light grey

Post up a pic and I'll tell you if I've almost hit it or not =)

I Support ClubWRX
    Tint is tint. Any grey = diminished light output LEDs or not. This will increase your chances of getting hit.

Have bright LEDs in the tail lamps? Great - the more visible the better. Rear end collisions are by far the most common type of crashes. LEDs also have an advantage over incandescent bulbs - they are fully illuminated about a half second sooner.
    Mods & Pics

I have tinted my tails and I can assure you no one has EVER almost run into me. The LED tails actually did blind people at night so I did them a favor and reduced their risk of night blindness. Your welcome.

Attachment 108294

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by N8INCHATT View Post
    I have tinted my tails and I can assure you no one has EVER almost run into me. The LED tails actually did blind people at night so I did them a favor and reduced their risk of night blindness. Your welcome.
    Red lighting does not affect night vision and the ability for people to see when dark. That's why red was selected as the brake / tail lamp color a very long time ago. Bright unfiltered red is better than filtered red. You are welcome.
    Mods & Pics

that is the kind of tint i am looking for! The output of the light will be at just about the same level at is was with my stop bulbs in, perhaps a little less but if people need blinding taillights to see the person in front of them is stopping perhaps they shouldnt be on the road!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kteezy09 View Post
    The output of the light will be at just about the same level at is was with my stop bulbs in, perhaps a little less but if people need blinding taillights to see the person in front of them is stopping perhaps they shouldnt be on the road!
    Simply not true. People are not "blinded" by red lights. Tinted taillights should not be on the road.
    Mods & Pics

Then we will agree to disagree and I'll be happy to know that you aren't the one who decides who can tint their lights.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast