2012---STI HatchBack and Perrin Wing Riser!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012---STI HatchBack and Perrin Wing Riser!!!! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just installed the Perrin Wing Riser Kit for my 2012 STI.....Easy installation...ONLY THING THEY DONT TELL YOU AND SUBARU HAS ...

2012---STI HatchBack and Perrin Wing Riser!!!!

Just installed the Perrin Wing Riser Kit for my 2012 STI.....Easy installation...ONLY THING THEY DONT TELL YOU AND SUBARU HAS DONE!!!!!
    The two middle bolts where locktite sealed...not the gentle locktite either it was the blue perma seal type...needless to say snapped both bolts right off...LUCKY there was enough thread left because of a spacer to get the extenders on.....so BEWARE IF ANYONE IS ATTEMPING THIS...you need to spray any type of solvent up into there on the bolts to get the locktite to loosen and let it sit!!! I had to use a vise to get the nuts of the remaining bolt after spraying it with loosener...also the self taping screws you need to add 3 or 4 washers or it won't tighten if you go with the 6 spacers....GOOD LUCK...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    looks good, are you happy with the results. ive been debating if i should get this or not for my 11 wrx hatch
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    What was the purpose of this mod? And how much does the riser cost?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Would you be able to post some more pics? I'd like to see it from different angles and distances.

I really need to see this in person to make a decision whether I like it or not.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Is supposed to increase downforce by putting the edge of the spoiler out into the airflow of the car further. I'm on the fence about its looks though. I'd think tipping the rear up and keeping the front portion down would work better. A local guy has one on his STI and it looks ok in person.. to me somewhat unfinished but I'm really picky and I dont like the open gaps.

Another oddity, you cannot fully open the hatch once this is installed. Kinda makes the hatch (for me, others may be different) a but less useful.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Take more pics from different angles please...can't find a lot of info on this and am interested.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Geez sorry will take more pics...LOL As for downforce won't do anything unless you hit 180 miles per hour etc,,,as none of the wings have a purpose that way in my opinion the wings are for looks never practical unless your really going fast...faster then the car will go unless modded to heck is what i've been told....for the rest of comments would not want to put it on a blue or white etc...if they miss painting the underneath properly etc..could be a real pain, won't know until you take wing off though...comes with a rubber membrain heat on roll of crap to seal whatever you want...didn't need to use it as the car is black anyways...the only reason i got it was for a different look and it helps keeps the upspray and dust off back window...anyone who has driven a hatch will know everything just sweeps up from rear and gets caught under wing settling on back window this allows for air and water etc to sweep down with the air flow pushing the crap the right way down....as for open gaps ....where?? yes there is a run off off to the side where the wing used to sit up against the window but you have to have your face right up to car to notice it....anyways will post more pics...heres a link to the riser...
    PERRIN Performance — — Wing Riser Kit

Banned
    Not an easy read

WHAT? was i suppose to quote each individually? LMAO sorry new at this forum posting....LMFAO

I think I like it minus the wiring for the third brake light.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I am happy with it adds a little sporty to it and originality and yes the break light and windshield washer tube...came with a wrap i used so there not totally exposed but not much you can do unless you seal the hole and don't use them...LOL

I do kinda like that. Expensive?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I'm in Canada so its listed at 149.99 from Perrin and i got it for 146.50(guess dealer discount) plus shipping and taxes...so 160 or so...

I Support ClubWRX
    I like it! It's different enough but, not too flashy!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.