Yellow spots on 2012 SWP?!

This is a discussion on Yellow spots on 2012 SWP?! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just picked up my WRX 10 days ago, and already had to bring it in for a paint issue. I've ...

Yellow spots on 2012 SWP?!

Just picked up my WRX 10 days ago, and already had to bring it in for a paint issue. I've got two yellow, highlighter like, spots on my front driver's side fender that seemingly popped up out of no where--

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07162012294.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	106894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07162012293.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	106895

They are hard to see in the pictures, but if you're using a laptop and tilt your screen back, you can see them easier. Not sure what this is... definitely doesn't look like rail dust spots.

I've done some research and saw this happening to some other white subies. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I'm halfway hoping that more spots show, that way Subaru has to repaint the entire car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have you dropped it off yet? What did they say it was from?
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Dropped it off Tuesday, picked it up Thursday, and the spots look to be gone! We'll know for sure once we get a real sunny day again. Apparently they took it to a body shop and had the spot wet sanded, and buffed. Looks good for now!

they probably just used a clay bar

very strange indeed.. almost looks like those areas somehow got reallly hot.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hold onto the paperwork from the work they did to fix it incase it re-appears.

It still Ok or has it come back?
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

I had this happen to my 08 when I first bought it. Mine was on the rear bumper tho. I asked a body shop painter why it did that and they told me its was something they use to paint plastic bumpers and on really light colors you can see it through the paint.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny1106 View Post
    It still Ok or has it come back?
    So far, the spots have not come back!

I had my white 06/2012 2 weeks and noticed yellow spots straight away. I can clean bugs, tar and bird droppings off no problem but common everyday small bird/bee?/Pollen? spots leave small yellow stains. Looks like they're in the clear coat. I can leave these on my other white car for a month and clean off with no trouble. Subaru are happy to take the car back to try and polish them out and reapply the paint sealant. We'll see if it makes a difference.

I clay bared, and waxed mine the day I took arrival of it. Wash it at least once per week usually twice. I have never seen any of these spots on mine same white and everything..