Bulbs in the head light assembly.

This is a discussion on Bulbs in the head light assembly. within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; not the actual head lights but the amber side markers and the ones that are in the center of the ...

Bulbs in the head light assembly.

not the actual head lights but the amber side markers and the ones that are in the center of the head lights. The dealership wanted to replace them, they are all blown ( 4 bulbs in total with labor ) for $45 each side.....yea right. So where can I get these bulbs and are they hard to change out on an 07 STI?
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ever use hear of google?

Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 992 (7440A)
    Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 992 (7440A)

Unless you want LED bulbs Im sure they have auto stores (maybe even Target Walmart) in Maine that you can stop by and pick up some sylvainia bulbs. As for installing them im sure its not that difficult, but thats a guess.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

well what makes my amber parking light bulbs not work but the turn signal does? Are they two stage bubls like ones that are both high/low beam?

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure dont have an 07 but here are a list of bulbs

Low Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: HID-D2S
    High Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: 9005
    Parking Light Bulb Size: 168
    Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 992 (7440A)
    Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 992 (7440A)
    Tail Light Bulb Size: 7443
    Stop Light Bulb Size: 7443
    High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: Assembly
    Fog/Driving Light Bulb Size: H3-55W
    License Plate Light Bulb Size: 168
    Back Up Light Bulb Size: 7440
    Front Sidemarker Light Bulb Size: 168
    Ash Tray Light Bulb Size: 74
    Map Light Bulb Size: DE3175
    Dome Light Bulb Size: DE3175
    Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 2825
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I found that same list but I'm not sure the middle one in the head light assembly is. The side marker and parking light appear to be the same though so the bulb must do both functions.

your owners manual should have the same information. Also, if you go to autozone they can look up the bulb you need and point you to the right one on the shelf. Just about all of those bulbs are normally stocked at any autoparts store.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

well I figured that but I just wanted to be sure it was not some stupid subaru thing and it was a specific bulb or connector that was used. My bigger concern is how to replace it. I'm going to take a look today at it but from the vid's I saw of the head light removal the front bumper cover had to come off, but that was to take the head light out, I hope I can change the bulbs w/ out the head light coming out.

Hey guys just bumping this b/c my drivers side low beam bulb just went out a few days ago, just want to know what the stock bulb rating is, is it the 4300, 5000,6000 or 8000K bulb. Thanks.

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    Hey guys just bumping this b/c my drivers side low beam bulb just went out a few days ago, just want to know what the stock bulb rating is, is it the 4300, 5000,6000 or 8000K bulb. Thanks.
    The majority of OEM bulbs range from 4300K to 5000K. Bulbs of temperature greater than 5000K is useless as it's the cutoff for getting the maximum amount of usable lighting.

I'm pretty sure that my 2011 comes with 4300K Hids. Not sure about 2007 model.

Make sure to buy good branded bulbs.

Checkout Below:

Amazon.com: Sylvania D2S High Intensity Discharge (HID) Bulb, (Pack of 1): Automotive
    Amazon.com: Philips D2S Xenon HID Headlight Bulb, Pack of 1: Automotive

You may want to replace both of them at the same time as their colors change with age. Replacing just one and you may end up with light color mismatch.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I went ahead and got 2 bulbs since I wanted to upgrade them anyway from the stock 4300K. I got a set that are 6000K off amazon. I usually only buy brand name stuff but I was in a pinch and bought a set of 2 for $40 instead of spending double for Philips or Sylvania but it will get me by for now which is all I was looking for.
    Last edited by Venom351R; 10-08-2013 at 07:39 AM.