HIDS AND CUSTOMS FOG LIGHTS FOR 2012 WRX
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on HIDS AND CUSTOMS FOG LIGHTS FOR 2012 WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Installed hid kit and custom led FOG LIGHTS ON MY 2012 wrx . Went with all 5000k LED fog lights ...

HIDS AND CUSTOMS FOG LIGHTS FOR 2012 WRX

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(1).JPG 
Views:	575 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	105071

Installed hid kit and custom led FOG LIGHTS ON MY 2012 wrx . Went with all 5000k LED fog lights and hid bulbs, I also purchased LED bulbs for the DRL those were 500K as well trying to get as white as possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    How much did this cost, where did you get them and how hard were they to install
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    How much did this cost, where did you get them and how hard were they to install
    I'm waiting on the OP to answer as well. If you find before OP please post. I will do the same if I can find worth-while kit.

I Support ClubWRX
    I found one kit for 330 but im having a hard time finding the link
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Subaru WRX STI HID Kits Subaru WRX STI Xenon Lights Subaru WRX STI HIDs headlights Conversions Subaru WRX STI bulbs

here you go guys this link is for the hid kit. I was somewhat concerned before I bought them but the kit is great. Wire harness is put together well and all components are quality.
    Last edited by MY-WRX; 05-20-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Name:	photo(2).JPG 
Views:	578 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	105075

Here is a up close day time shot of the drives side led fogs I installed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MY-WRX View Post

Name:	photo(2).JPG 
Views:	578 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	105075

Here is a up close day time shot of the drives side led fogs I installed.
    Those are not fog lights. Those would be considered parking lights or daytime running lights at best.

A true fog light beam pattern has a cutoff about 2 feet off the ground, and spread to the sides. It is designed for illuminated the edges of the road at low speed in extreme fog. Halogen light is actually more effective for fog lights as it is less reflective off of fog than "HID" light.

You also need to understand than you are using a bulb design that has a different filament location than the intended OEM halogen bulb. You know how you can focus a Maglite by twisting the lens? Same idea here. By installing a HID bulb, which has a long, longitudinal filament as opposed to the short lateral filament of the halogen bulb, you have thrown off the beam pattern from the factory specs. It's not something you can fix just by adjusting the headlight leveler either. The beam, which was supposed to be sharp and focused, is now scattering wildly. How bad it is depends on the OEM setup, but the Subaru projector seems to not be AS bad which a cheap HID kit like this, but it's still happening.

Depending on the setup, you are likely blinding oncoming traffic and ironically you're actually seeing LESS down the road.

Post a picture of the beam pattern against a garage door or white wall and prove me wrong, but these setups always have the same outcome...

Last edited by Rambo; 05-20-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Those fogs are not HIDS dude........ They are LEDS, which are positioned perfectly to provide light towards the outer edge of the vehicle. The HIDS I have installed are in the headlights and installed how they should be. My vehilce didnt come with fogs so instead of paying $300 for factory inserts I purchased these 5" led lights mounted them where the factory fogs go and they seems to work perfectly.

Those fogs are not HIDS dude........ They are LEDS, which are positioned perfectly to provide light towards the outer edge of the vehicle. The HIDS I have installed are in the headlights and installed how they should be. My vehilce didnt come with fogs so instead of paying $300 for factory inserts I purchased these 5" led lights mounted them where the factory fogs go and they seems to work perfectly.
    What?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Where did you get the 5" LED lights?!?! Those are badass!!

Redmed,

what dont you understand?

Redmed,

what dont you understand?
    The way you worded that had me confused. But I think I'm more awake now lol. I was confused about the hid insert part

I Support ClubWRX
    I know your "fog lights" are LEDs. I was first talking about your LED lights, then your headlights. I don't have a problem with the LEDs (although they aren't anything but aesthetics). It's the HID kit in your headlights that will blind other drivers. Post a pic of the beam cutoff and prove me wrong.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Rambo,

Why do I have to prove anything ????? I installed an HID kit and I was simply posting pictures !

and actually those LEDs are quite bright and do light up the road.

I'd like to see how much they light up the road. I wonder of they put out more than my 1 led energizer flashlight lol

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast