HIDS AND CUSTOMS FOG LIGHTS FOR 2012 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on HIDS AND CUSTOMS FOG LIGHTS FOR 2012 WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by RedMed427 I'd like to see how much they light up the road. I wonder of they put ...

Quote Originally Posted by RedMed427 View Post
    I'd like to see how much they light up the road. I wonder of they put out more than my 1 led energizer flashlight lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What the LEDS or the HIDS?
    Last edited by MY-WRX; 05-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    (although they aren't anything but aesthetics)
    Lots of 4 wheelers would disagree with you on that one. I do think the positioning is a little weird for being a fog light in the sense that they appear to be angled in and not pointing out wide so you can see the edge of the road a bit better. I do however really like the idea and how you implemented it, good job!

Edit*- x2 what Rage says below about blinding people. I've never used the brand you bought, but our Rigid Industries lights on the Fj are insanely bright and that's only with 2 10's singles.
    Last edited by carnevino; 05-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    OP,I'm sure the LEDs you installed do a great job of lighting up the road for you.

Too bad they can also blind oncoming traffic & make them crash into you.

I was recently following a guy who decided to mount 2 LED strips on this trunk.I could barely see the road.

Quote Originally Posted by MY-WRX View Post
    The HIDS I have installed are in the headlights and installed how they should be. .
    You did a retrofit?
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 05-20-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    Lots of 4 wheelers would disagree with you on that one. I do think the positioning is a little weird for being a fog light in the sense that they appear to be angled in and not pointing out wide so you can see the edge of the road a bit better. I do however really like the idea and how you implemented it, good job!

Edit*- x2 what Rage says below about blinding people. I've never used the brand you bought, but our Rigid Industries lights on the Fj are insanely bright and that's only with 2 10's singles.
    I don't deny there are offroad applications for LEDs, but what the OP has installed isn't safe for other drivers on the road, and isn't going to help him for what fog lights are truly designed for. If he wanted a flood light, fine, use them at shows or whatever, but the lights currently installed will NOT provide a safe fog light beam for use on the street.

I'm not try to rain on the OPs parade necessarily, I'm sure it looks great when sitting there, but I can't sit by and say nothing when he's liable to cause an accident with that setup.

There are some luxury cars emerging on the market that have true LED headlights (I believe the Hyundai Aquus is one), and they're pretty awesome, but this isn't that, and adding massive scattered light to the front of your car is great if you're offroad or on a rally stage, not so much when oncoming traffic can't see where they're going.

OP, please, please, please consider this. This is why I'm asking for a beam cutoff picture. I want to give you a sense of what it's like for other traffic. These cheap HID and LED kits are popular in my area, and it's like looking into the sun, even if they're several lanes over in oncoming traffic. Please don't sacrifice your's and other's safety for aesthetics.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Alright I am going to put this thread to bed......

First of all what the hell does OP stand for?

Second,

ALL MBZ, BMW, AUDI, LEXUS and Porsche come with DRL ( Daytime Runing Lights ) which are LEDS. They also come High Intensity bulbs in there headlights. So I am really not doing anything different, my HIDS put out the perfect amount of light and it is not blinding for anyone other wise they would not allow them to be on factory cars or sell the kits aftermarket. As far as my LEDS are no brighter then any other DRL LEDS that come factory.

I Support ClubWRX
    HIDs that come factory have a HID projector in the lens that is designed to work with HIDs.

The OEM halogen housings that come with the base & premium 2011/2012s are not designed for HIDs.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

WOW...........That is an interesting video thank you for sharing.

Banned

Second,

ALL MBZ, BMW, AUDI, LEXUS and Porsche come with DRL ( Daytime Runing Lights ) which are LEDS. They also come High Intensity bulbs in there headlights. So I am really not doing anything different, my HIDS put out the perfect amount of light and it is not blinding for anyone other wise they would not allow them to be on factory cars or sell the kits aftermarket. As far as my LEDS are no brighter then any other DRL LEDS that come factory.
    To say that they wouldn't sell something in the aftermarket that was unsafe, or illegal is just silly. They sell police sirens you can mount in your car, they sell red foglights and headlights, etc. I dont see anything wrong with yours though.

Op= original post

I Support ClubWRX

Second,

OP = Original Poster

WOW...........That is an interesting video thank you for sharing.
    See, this is what I was trying to get at.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

This thread will LIVE! Better yet one of these nights my-wrx park your car with your headlights on and get out and look at the front of your car. Hell get in another car and drive by yours and get an oncoming view to see if your lights do blind people. If it is within the law and the lights work and the LED's you have also work and don't blind and turn people to stone then cool. It's your car do what you want. Technically 90% of the mods we install are for off-road use only but they are still there and we still drive these vehicles illegally on the streets. Oh by the way whenever you post anything on these forums there will always be an "expert" that may . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth . you off or praise you or sometimes both. Could you post night pics of the LEDS please?

What the LEDS or the HIDS?
    The led's

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Subaken.......

That is so true on every forum there is always an einstein....

And I was being sarcastic rage...... that video is soooo old and that guy is full of SH%$! All you have to do is adjust them and they are fine.

Why cant you just say cool install and leave it at that lets not make this forum a debate.

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool install Bro.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

thank you

I Support ClubWRX
    Why cant you just say cool install and leave it at that lets not make this forum a debate.
    forum/ˈfrəm/
    Noun:
    A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

That is so true on every forum there is always an einstein....

that video is soooo old and that guy is full of SH%$! All you have to do is adjust them and they are fine.
    Prove it. Post the cut-off like I've asked, and that will end it. This is nothing personal. Your back-up camera was genuinely awesome, and your Pioneer stereo turned out great as well.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast