INSTALLED BACK-UP CAMERA - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on INSTALLED BACK-UP CAMERA within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; shamrocker, how did your install go?...

shamrocker,

how did your install go?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: INSTALLED BACK-UP CAMERA

Resurrecting this thread.

Just got a quick question.

How did you guys route the cable? I'm trying to figure out how to get it from head unit to camera without any wires showing.
    Subaru WRX 2011 Spark Silver Metallic

INSTALLED BACK-UP CAMERA

It's very simple. I routed the wire into the license plate light (made a notch so that it would still attach properly) through the hatch into the driver side rubber grommet (use a coat hanger) and into the headliner.

From the headliner, drop it down along the rear pillar then down under the removable spare tire panel. Then, go up through the back seat and under the door sill trim all the way up to under the steering wheel. It was pretty simple and I'm not very experienced with wiring. Good luck!

Re: INSTALLED BACK-UP CAMERA

Quote Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
    It's very simple. I routed the wire into the license plate light (made a notch so that it would still attach properly) through the hatch into the driver side rubber grommet (use a coat hanger) and into the headliner.

From the headliner, drop it down along the rear pillar then down under the removable spare tire panel. Then, go up through the back seat and under the door sill trim all the way up to under the steering wheel. It was pretty simple and I'm not very experienced with wiring. Good luck!

Hey thanks a lot. I got the same camera that was posted earlier so I'm going everything works out. I'm still not sure when I'm going to do this (still cold out) but if I run into any issues I'll be back. I'll also try and take as many pictures as possible for the new head unit and back up cam.
    Subaru WRX 2011 Spark Silver Metallic

Amazing! I'm planning to install one soon! Did you glue or screw the backup camera?

Quote Originally Posted by khmercheam View Post
    Amazing! I'm planning to install one soon! Did you glue or screw the backup camera?
    The camera bracket that came with my camera had a strip of adhesive, so I decided to just try that at first. It's never come loose, so I will leave it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
    The camera bracket that came with my camera had a strip of adhesive, so I decided to just try that at first. It's never come loose, so I will leave it that way.
    Awesome! Thanks for you fast answer!

Quote Originally Posted by khmercheam View Post
    There are certain cameras that have glue and others that have slots so you can screw them in right on top of your license plate with the same screws. Very convenient and very secure.
    When in doubt, frag out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12