Rally Armor Mudflaps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rally Armor Mudflaps within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If there is anyone who has Rally armor mud flaps on their 2011 and can take some time to help ...

Rally Armor Mudflaps

If there is anyone who has Rally armor mud flaps on their 2011 and can take some time to help me out it would be great. So, I recently just installed DIY Ikea mud flaps on my subi, it went very well and didn't take much time, I love the looks of them and am very happy with the mod. But, the other day to test them out I pulled up a gravel path in the neighborhood on one of the last farms around. (it's a friend in my school's road/driveway. his family owns the farm and its a public road.) While doing so, I wasn't rallying through the path, barely even sliding, its mostly straight so I wasn't dumping through gears either, but I heard a few pieces of gravel hit the car. When I get home I noticed one little ding right by the side skirt. My question is, are the mud flaps I installed closer in to the car then Rally Armor's of Flapatax, or anything of the sort. I'm estimating my flaps are about a half to 3/4 inch off the fender. So if anyone can let me know how far off the fender their aftermarket mud flaps stick out, I'd really appreciate it. (Also, maybe how high off the ground they are are also?
    Last edited by Mike193; 05-14-2012 at 05:23 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I guess its not new anymore!!! Drive it and keep it away from grocery carts and all if good
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Quote Originally Posted by dolson1120 View Post
    I guess its not new anymore!!! Drive it and keep it away from grocery carts and all if good
    I'm confused. 1. no the car is not new, I've had it since October. 2. My subi never came in contact with a shopping cart. 3. all IS good, I'm just curious how far aftermarket flaps protrude out.

The Rally flaps hang out about an Inch or so. They are more for looks than anything, maybe they will keep the new tared roads off the body but as far as dirt roads they will help a little bit. I guess what I mean is you buy a new truck but you are afraid to hauling anything with it, or you wont take it off road and drive it what it is ment to do. I dont mean to be negative, ******* just drive it and enjoy
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Well the whole purpose is to keep pebbles/gravel from smacking the side of the car and chipping the weak Subaru paint. As for dirt, I don't really mind dirt on my car, although I love a nice shiny clean washed car, I also love a car covered in mud just as much haha

Does anyone have the ground clearance measurements for the UR flaps on the '11 or '12 WRX sedan? I want to buy a set, but I don't want to scrap them on my raised driveway. Any numbers?

On my 11 5-door the RA mudflaps are about 3-4 inches above ground. They scrape on driveways and speed bumps and hills, but I really don't care if the flaps get scratched.
    ~::2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited WRB::~

road debris and loose pebbles will get whipped at the mudflaps. They will not stay in new ondition for long. Although a quick rinse with a power washer, and they look close to brand new. minus a few up-close blemishes

I just installed my RA mudflaps a couple days ago and I'd say they come off the side a solid inch, maybe even an inch and a half... I have a pic on my build page, not sure how much that'll help though. I feel that rocks don't stand a chance of getting to my side because of how far out the mudflaps are.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
    On my 11 5-door the RA mudflaps are about 3-4 inches above ground. They scrape on driveways and speed bumps and hills, but I really don't care if the flaps get scratched.
    Thanks for the info! I don't care if they get scratched a little bit on the bottom, I'd just hate to back out at a weird angle and have one crack/ have a big chunk break off. Does anyone have the exact measurements for the Sedan? Sorry for being such a damn stickler, but I don't want to immediately break a $170 purchase Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by BPanda View Post
    I just installed my RA mudflaps a couple days ago and I'd say they come off the side a solid inch, maybe even an inch and a half... I have a pic on my build page, not sure how much that'll help though. I feel that rocks don't stand a chance of getting to my side because of how far out the mudflaps are.
    I don't normally like them but those blue lettering ones really do look good on your WRB.

I've gotten two different answers so far on the UR. This is the guy from Rally Sport Direct-

"Dallin F.: It would depend on the ride height of the vehicle. Is it on stock suspension?
    me: yes
    Dallin F.: I believe it will sit 2-3" from the ground with those. "

I also messaged Rally Armor themselves, and the sales team got back to me with anything but an answer-

"Our application has been designed with ample
    clearance from the ground and flap. The URs flexible characteristics allow
    it to conform and adjust to a variety of environments (including lowered
    vehicles should you decide to do so in the future)"

So.... Can anyone of you awesome people that actually own these, and have a stock sedan (I'm looking at you, BPanda, hahaha) provide measurements?

Thanks again

Zombie thread being resurrected:

Nobody has a final measurement from the ground to the bottom of the flaps? Weird... I would think that would take about 25 seconds to find, and I need this measurement now as I'm about to install some myself. "3-4 inches" leaves a lot of room for error... Please help!

Anybody? Please? ...Bueller? Bueller?
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Zombie thread being resurrected:

Nobody has a final measurement from the ground to the bottom of the flaps? Weird... I would think that would take about 25 seconds to find, and I need this measurement now as I'm about to install some myself. "3-4 inches" leaves a lot of room for error... Please help!

Anybody? Please? ...Bueller? Bueller?
    I would say about half the length of a pencil that has been sharpened three times...

No really, mine are about three inches (not exactly) from the ground (I put a ruler in my work bag and I will get you the exact measurement when I get to my car in about half an hour). You don't need to worry about them scrapping anything because they are made out of flexible urethane and are pretty much indestructable. I would highly recommend them if you are worried about stone chips/mud hitting the side of your car.
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 01-15-2013 at 01:46 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I would say about half the length of a pencil that has been sharpened three times...

No really, mine are about three inches (not exactly) from the ground (I put a ruler in my work bag and I will get you the exact measurement when I get to my car in about half an hour). You don't need to worry about them scrapping anything because they are made out of flexible urethane and are pretty much indestructable. I would highly recommend them if you are worried about stone chips/mud hitting the side of your car.
    Exactly 3.5 inches...keep in mind I have an sti. I think they put us slightly higher to help us look down at wrx's (jk)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast