The dreaded first scuff/scrape/smudge/ding
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on The dreaded first scuff/scrape/smudge/ding within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; just scraped my bumper on a sidewalk, not noticeable unless you're underneath the car. the first damage is both stressful ...

The dreaded first scuff/scrape/smudge/ding

just scraped my bumper on a sidewalk, not noticeable unless you're underneath the car. the first damage is both stressful and a relief, bring on the chips, dings, and scrapes!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know about you but I was devastated when I got my first bumper curb rash even though it is only noticeable on the bottom like yours. I also got a nice little chip on the hood right above the subie emblem. Makes me wish I would have gotten a clear bra.
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

I Support ClubWRX
    I was the same way. Paint chips are expected with my daily commute. The curb rash does hurt but as long as its unseen just wait till your first door ding. Make sure you dont have a cracked fender.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Cracked fender?
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

I Support ClubWRX
    sorry bumper
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    sorry bumper
    no crack at all, just a long (5-8") scratch under the righthand side of the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    sorry bumper
    And I'm going nuts about my little curb rash under the car, that I acquired yesterday and loosing sleep over it....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    And I'm going nuts about my little curb rash under the car, that I acquired yesterday and loosing sleep over it....

@Kron don't stress about it, it's bound to happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    A week after I bought my car,I left it in a supermarket parking lot & came back to find a cart against my rear bumper with a sizeable scratch in the paint.

During the super blizzard of 2011,I was driving over some unplowed road & hit something. Turned out to be a bag full of opened tin cans that was blown into the middle of the road.Scraped the bumper a bit but its barely visible now after I installed a lip.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Last year i bought a 11 silver sedan..hit a cat within 3 days of owning it...huge crack in the bumper..i was devastated about the cat and my car.

Got a 12 dgm hatch a month ago and got the underside of the bumper on a high curb..luckily i can only feel it..not see the scrape.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

Registered User RapscallionInPBP's Avatar
    Wife made sure I got the side moldings when I ordered my wrx and they done their job well. Came back from a trip into the grocery store to find a quarter inch long chunk missing from the molding on the passenger side. Some miscreant opened their car door directly into my wrx! Because it's on the passenger side I try to forget about it since I only see it during washings and when I open the door for my wifey.
    Forever nub...

Unhappy

Last weekend I went up to the middle of nowhere for a friends baby shower. To get to her parents house, where the "party" was being held I was told I need to take a dirt road. I was like dirt, okay no big deal. But when I get to the "dirt road" I see huge rocks every couple of inches, and I didnt drive 2 hours to turn around. SoI drove down the rocky road at 2 miles an hour and it still dinged up the front bumper as well as poped the side skirt out of place. Was able to get the side skirt back in place and I plan on buying a lip for the front bumper.
    Stage 2 2012 OBP Subaru WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXilie View Post
    Last weekend I went up to the middle of nowhere for a friends baby shower. To get to her parents house, where the "party" was being held I was told I need to take a dirt road. I was like dirt, okay no big deal. But when I get to the "dirt road" I see huge rocks every couple of inches, and I didnt drive 2 hours to turn around. SoI drove down the rocky road at 2 miles an hour and it still dinged up the front bumper as well as poped the side skirt out of place. Was able to get the side skirt back in place and I plan on buying a lip for the front bumper.

2 years after buying our house, my wife has slowly filled the garage with junk. Because of this, my car had to sit in the drive last fall.....under a giant oak tree....with huge meteorite acorns falling from the sky and crashing into my precious aluminum hood. I've counted 7 dings since
    That dreadful Autumn and have since reinherited my garage. I just tell myself the dents are speed divots aiding in the aerodynamics of the car.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast