Has anyone swapped door mirror's on a wrx? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Has anyone swapped door mirror's on a wrx? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Great find, couple of us were just talking about this the other day. I read the link and found this ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Great find, couple of us were just talking about this the other day. I read the link and found this interesting, "I wanted to confirm that STi LED+heated mirrors will bolt right up to a 2011 WRX Premium without modification.

My guess is at the least 2011+ WRX Premium/Limited come pre-wired for led turn signals since they they come with heated mirrors already. Just a hunch.

It took nothing more than unbolting my old WRX mirrors and bolting on the STi mirrors. LED, Heat and mirror controls all work.

I bought the mirrors whole off a wrecked STi. I did not piece them together." . So it appears Limited/Premium owners can just do this as a "bolt on". What do you guys think of this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think I like the sound of that

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jgardiner View Post
    The power folding mirrors are not available in North America. You would have to order them from Japan, either new or off a wreck.
    Dealers might still be able to order JDM parts. Some dealers have promotional JDM cars, larger dealers might have ties to Subaru of Japan. Don't forget all Imprezas are still manufactured in Gunma, Japan.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Found this link for the list of parts.
    2011 SUBARU IMPREZA Parts - AutoCenter.net
    You can order in any color.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice find! Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Dealers might still be able to order JDM parts. Some dealers have promotional JDM cars, larger dealers might have ties to Subaru of Japan. Don't forget all Imprezas are still manufactured in Gunma, Japan.
    JDM parts are not part of the NA supply chain. Dealers don't even have listings for them so can't look up part numbers. Go ahead and try and let us know.

I Support ClubWRX
    I asked my dealer about getting some JDM stuff....even told them O would bring in the part number....they said they had no access to the JDM parts or catalog, and could not get them for me.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

This is something that I have been looking into. Here is a link from nasioc that was helpful to me. DIY: 08+ STi mirror markers on 08+ Impreza/WRX - NASIOC

I Support ClubWRX
    OP posted that link /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    Great find, couple of us were just talking about this the other day. I read the link and found this interesting, "I wanted to confirm that STi LED+heated mirrors will bolt right up to a 2011 WRX Premium without modification.

My guess is at the least 2011+ WRX Premium/Limited come pre-wired for led turn signals since they they come with heated mirrors already. Just a hunch.

It took nothing more than unbolting my old WRX mirrors and bolting on the STi mirrors. LED, Heat and mirror controls all work.

I bought the mirrors whole off a wrecked STi. I did not piece them together." . So it appears Limited/Premium owners can just do this as a "bolt on". What do you guys think of this?
    so if you can do this with the limited/premium cars can you do it to the base 2012 wrx? i wanted to swap my stock mirrors for the heated/led mirrors of the 2012 sti.

Has anyone swapped door mirror's on a wrx?

Hi guys, been a lurker here since forever but saw this thread and wanted to share info based on my experience. I have a 2010 DGM Premium WRX (sedan) and I can confirm I don't have the full live wiring—so it wasn't exactly a plug-n-play affair.

From mirror to door the wires are there and hooked up to the JDM harness that I got with the LEDs. The door to the signal relay needed to be 'livened' and the mirror grounded to where the mirror bolts to the door, using the existing ground kept blowing the 15a fuse. Anyway, I spent another $200 on top of the $200 for the led+caps to get it color-matched, installed and wired. Power folds coming soon…

Some photos:

Last edited by LPotr4; 10-09-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12