Wheel spacers!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wheel spacers! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I was thinking of buying some 25 km wheel slavers, and I was wondering if they cause rubbing ...

Wheel spacers!

Hey guys, I was thinking of buying some 25 km wheel slavers, and I was wondering if they cause rubbing or anything else, I have stock suspension btw. And maybe we could get some pics up here! I wanna.see if they look as sweet as I think they would lol thanks everyone!
    *My Headlights Turn Your Girlfriend On *
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-me...ml#post2135638
    -2002 Focus SVT-P.O.S.
    -1997 Subaru Legacy
    -2002 MBP WRX.. R.I.P.
    -2003 Sonic Yellow WRX!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

25mm wheel spacers** darn auto correct lol
    -2002 Focus SVT-P.O.S.
    -1997 Subaru Legacy
    -2002 MBP WRX.. R.I.P.
    -2003 Sonic Yellow WRX!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Why not get wider tires instead, which actually benefits you?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

4 new tires=$400, 4 wheel spacers=$100.
    -2002 Focus SVT-P.O.S.
    -1997 Subaru Legacy
    -2002 MBP WRX.. R.I.P.
    -2003 Sonic Yellow WRX!!

True, but prob sooner rather then later your tires will need to be replaced, and then you have 100 dollars of metal sitting around

Just my 0.02
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Yah, or an even wider look. My tires have 5k on em so they are still very good. But I definitely see your guys' points.
    -2002 Focus SVT-P.O.S.
    -1997 Subaru Legacy
    -2002 MBP WRX.. R.I.P.
    -2003 Sonic Yellow WRX!!

I Support ClubWRX
    either save your $100 towards new tires, or use it for some other mod.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Wheel spacers will change your suspension geometry through travel of the linkages. You're effectively creating a longer lever arm from the latitudinal coordinate of the tire contact patch to the strut. While this might not seem to make much of a difference in day to day driving, I'd expect to see increased tread wear over time, especially on the inside edge of the tire, and then you'll be needing the tires you should have saved for in the first place. You'll also be adding stress to the lugs, as you'll be moving the shear forces of the wheel from right at the brake disks out 25mm, which will add bending stress. Lugs are made with a large factor of safety to prevent failure, but it would be enough to make the engineer in me nervous, especially for a cosmetic modification.

If you do insist on the spacers, at least you have the right idea with putting them all around, instead of just on two wheels. Whatever you do to one wheel, do to all of them.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

personally, if u want something sticking out of the fender down their, buy a pair of Rally Armors haha

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Don't put wheel spacers on your car. Bugeyes deserve to be treated better than that
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Why even run spacers on a stock suspension. It just looks bad.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.075394,-76.684825

Quote Originally Posted by Tdoug60 View Post
    Why even run spacers on a stock suspension. It just looks bad.
    It's all about the herrafrush movement yo!!!

Fail.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    ^^^ LOL @ "Herrafrush"

25 mm spacers will shear the wheels off your lugs within a few miles.... then how cool will you look sliding down the road grinding on your rotors? Your lugnuts likely wouldnt go on more than 2 or 3 turns. Not to mention, they are illegal to use on public roads..... so if you were to make an insurance claim and your insurance company found out about it... you could be in jail.

Then you'd be herrafrushed...... and herrafrucked

5mm spacers MAX on stock lugs... and even those are risky, require frequent checking, and are generally only used to correct very minor wheel fitment issues. They will not make your car "look" any different.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Wheel spacers will change your suspension geometry through travel of the linkages. You're effectively creating a longer lever arm from the latitudinal coordinate of the tire contact patch to the strut. While this might not seem to make much of a difference in day to day driving, I'd expect to see increased tread wear over time, especially on the inside edge of the tire, and then you'll be needing the tires you should have saved for in the first place. You'll also be adding stress to the lugs, as you'll be moving the shear forces of the wheel from right at the brake disks out 25mm, which will add bending stress. Lugs are made with a large factor of safety to prevent failure, but it would be enough to make the engineer in me nervous, especially for a cosmetic modification.

If you do insist on the spacers, at least you have the right idea with putting them all around, instead of just on two wheels. Whatever you do to one wheel, do to all of them.
    This is the best, most knowledgeable, intelligent post regarding spacers I have ever seen on this forum. to you sir.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    ^^^ LOL @ "Herrafrush"

25 mm spacers will shear the wheels off your lugs within a few miles.... then how cool will you look sliding down the road grinding on your rotors? Your lugnuts likely wouldnt go on more than 2 or 3 turns. Not to mention, they are illegal to use on public roads..... so if you were to make an insurance claim and your insurance company found out about it... you could be in jail.

Then you'd be herrafrushed...... and herrafrucked

5mm spacers MAX on stock lugs... and even those are risky, require frequent checking, and are generally only used to correct very minor wheel fitment issues. They will not make your car "look" any different.
    Dude, where the hell have you been lately?

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    This is the best, most knowledgeable, intelligent post regarding spacers I have ever seen on this forum. to you sir.
    +1 here!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast