oem front licence plate bracket

This is a discussion on oem front licence plate bracket within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know if there is an oem licence plate bracket? The pre drilled holes are too far apart to ...

oem front licence plate bracket

Does anyone know if there is an oem licence plate bracket? The pre drilled holes are too far apart to mount my licence plate. I've called a subaru dealership and looked online but nothing to indicate an oem bracket. If there isn't why are the holes drilled so far apart? Couldn't find anything that looked stock. I've included a pic for visual help. Its an 08 wrx.

And before anyone chimes in about searching the forum. I did some searching on here for anything about an oem plate bracket. All I could find was about relocating the bracket.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

The holes on that plate are all the same distance apart. Are you supposed to drill your own holes or am I missing something?
    Also heres the picture. for some reason it didn't upload.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1ghh1s.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	102605

Heres a better pic. The bumper was replaced. Maybe the holes were drilled too far apart?

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, I see. Are you required to have a front plate in Iowa?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

Yes unfortunately. I was pulled over twice in 3 days for no plates. Small town cops see a nice car with no plates and your immediately pulled over. I mean clearly a nice car with no plates is stolen. I should leave them off untill I figure something out. I've got one on the back and the front I just have on the dash.

The holes are manufactured in the bumper for the Japanese and European style of plate. What most dealers do is just screw the licence plate straight into the plastic bumper with self-tapping screws. There should be a bracket available, or it wouldn't be that difficult to make one. Just get a 1" wide by 1/8" thick piece of aluminum and bend it like this ---- _______----. Drill a couple of holes in the centre part to mount to the existing holes in the bumper and drill one hole on each "wing" to mount to your plate.

I Support ClubWRX
    You could either drill holes in the bracket that line up with the square holes on the bumper, or put new holes in your bumper. Your call really. If you choose to do the latter, there are dimples in the bumper already.

Greg

Build Thread