painting side fender emblem opinions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on painting side fender emblem opinions within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i want to paint the silver emblem just not sure what color? all i know is the silver is ...

painting side fender emblem opinions

so i want to paint the silver emblem just not sure what color? all i know is the silver is driving me nuts. i have a plasma blue car and want to paint it black, just not sure. also thought about painting it dark gray, or dark gray with the wrx part black. also thought bought black with wrx dark blue, or dark gray with wrx dark blue. what do you guys think??
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I also want to paint mine black, with red WRX for the font. I think I'm just going to order two extra emblems so I can work on them slowly. What are your plans for the painting? Sand down, prime, etc etc.

Joe

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Id paint them pink

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

i wonder how much those pieces are? prob light sanding/practically nothing. then light primer coat, then another coat, then repeat with paint. the part thats gonna be a pain is cutting out the font.
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

I Support ClubWRX
    go to an automotive paint supplies store (no this isnt a napa) and purchase the lightest scuff pads *typically called scotch brite pads* scuff them with that then rub them down with paint prep, light prime to tack then shoot

my gf uncle is a painter so i can get all that from him, i used to have all that stuff but i think my bro in law jacked me lol

besides i have already read how to's and all that mess im asking for color opnions not what do you guys have for painting tips

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmarex12 View Post
    i wonder how much those pieces are? prob light sanding/practically nothing. then light primer coat, then another coat, then repeat with paint. the part thats gonna be a pain is cutting out the font.
    Pieces cost 22.30 for one so, it's not CRAZY expensive. Plus, you'll always have the original if you need to stick them back on. For ~50 bucks, that seems worth it to me.

Joe

I think painting it dark grey, with the WRX in dark blue would look sharp, as long as you could get some dark blue paint very similar to the plasma blue
    Last edited by Rholman1; 01-30-2012 at 07:49 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    In complete honesty id color match the piece and tape off the WRX so it stays silver

I Support ClubWRX
    I went with black and like it.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

yea i thought bought it trying to color match it to put gray with font blue. i have seen all black and it looks better but doesnt stand out enough on plasma blue. i think either the color match with sliver wrx, or black with sliver wrx.

I blacked mine out with Plasti-dip. It comes out a matte color, stays on great and is easy to remove if you put on enough coats. Check out dipyourcar.com they have tutorials. You can pick up cans for 6$ at home dept etc and one can is plenty.

I was thinking about plastidippin my sti emblems. How hard do you think it would be to peel off the the paint on the letters? I want to keep the red letters and don't really know an easier way.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast