2011/12's - Post your tint pics PLEASE! - Page 7
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 223

This is a discussion on 2011/12's - Post your tint pics PLEASE! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have found now that its dark in my neighborhood 20% is a little difficult to see out of but ...

  1. #91
    Registered User 11blackwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,830
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have found now that its dark in my neighborhood 20% is a little difficult to see out of but not too bad
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #92
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Dont get me wrong some of the pics on here you can see the outline of the head rests and stuff. It does give me an idea of what it would look like. Any pics help for sure. I am thinking more around the 30% range for my car tho. I just dont want to regret getting it to dark seeing how it will cost around $400. Theres not many places in this area that does tint.
    Last edited by irvin787878; 02-23-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  4. #93
    Registered User AmateurX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Michigan
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    Dont get me wrong some of the pics on here you can see the outline of the head rests and stuff. It does give me an idea of what it would look like. Any pics help for sure. I am thinking more around the 30% range for my car tho. I just dont want to regret getting it to dark seeing how it will cost around $400. Theres not many places in this area that does tint.
    I hear ya. I was very nervous about getting my windshield done. Even at 50%, I thought I wouldn't get used to it, or wouldn't be able to see. It's been over a year, and I still love it. Never have problems, really.

    I've always known I didn't want too dark, so I went with the 50% on the front doors. I could've gone darker, and been fine with it. But, I'm happy.

    Sent from Tapatalk, cuz I can't get enough.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

  5. #94
    Registered User Bottles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Memphis,TN
    Posts
    31
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The WRX 001.jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	102694

    15% all around decided not to tint the front windshield this time but may go get it later
    "Drive it like you own it, not like you stole it."

  6. #95
    Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    I know its all about looks on the outside, But would anyone or a few of you with different % of tint take a few pics from the inside out? Mostly looking for the 30, 35% range. I dont know if it will workout. I was just wondering how dark some of these are when looking out.
    No pics, but I was concerned about that when I was choosing. I think looking out is generally less impact than looking in, as the lack of light inside a tinted car makes it seem even darker inside. Looking out of my 30% has really been a non-issue, and I live in a area that gets plenty dark at night. Biggest challenge is backing up, but that is not that impacted either. When I got into cars with darker tints I found the impact definitely ramped up accordingly. If it is a concern for you, and your goal is not to be invisible to the outside world, 30 or 35% is a pretty solid choice.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

  7. #96
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    I hear ya. I was very nervous about getting my windshield done. Even at 50%, I thought I wouldn't get used to it, or wouldn't be able to see. It's been over a year, and I still love it. Never have problems, really.

    I've always known I didn't want too dark, so I went with the 50% on the front doors. I could've gone darker, and been fine with it. But, I'm happy.

    Sent from Tapatalk, cuz I can't get enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    No pics, but I was concerned about that when I was choosing. I think looking out is generally less impact than looking in, as the lack of light inside a tinted car makes it seem even darker inside. Looking out of my 30% has really been a non-issue, and I live in a area that gets plenty dark at night. Biggest challenge is backing up, but that is not that impacted either. When I got into cars with darker tints I found the impact definitely ramped up accordingly. If it is a concern for you, and your goal is not to be invisible to the outside world, 30 or 35% is a pretty solid choice.
    I am still up in the air as to the % yet. I was thinking of asking if they might have any samples to look at when I go to get it done. I am liking what I see with the 30% range, But the 50% on Amateur X car is good also. I dont need to be invisible. I mostly want some sunscreening for the kids. Thanks for the help and your guys experience.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  8. #97
    Registered User 11blackwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,830
    I Support ClubWRX
    From what I've heard 30-35 is good but I love the look of 20
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

  9. #98
    Registered User Pakattak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    26
    Here are some inside pics for you guys considering 30%

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0321.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	102741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0322.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	102742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0323.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	102743

  10. #99
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakattak View Post
    Here are some inside pics for you guys considering 30%
    Thanks for posting the pics it helps out alot.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  11. #100
    Registered User PeteyPab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    24
    Day and night shots with 20% all around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330281402.499641.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330281450.476132.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330281511.332290.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330281589.448369.jpg  
    2011 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX STI Sedan Limited.

  12. #101
    Registered User 11blackwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,830
    I Support ClubWRX
    those cars look good
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

  13. #102
    The Fruit mangostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VB VA .. the ghetto on the sea
    Posts
    4,735
    30-35% is as dark as you want to go if you want to be able to easily see out at night and still retain good sun shading effect. I've had darker and lighter on various cars and I still prefer the 30-35 range. Currently have 35% on my wrx all around and it works just perfectly. Though, I do need to get the windshield strip done. for that I'll probably choose 5%
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

  14. #103
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    30-35% is as dark as you want to go if you want to be able to easily see out at night and still retain good sun shading effect. I've had darker and lighter on various cars and I still prefer the 30-35 range. Currently have 35% on my wrx all around and it works just perfectly. Though, I do need to get the windshield strip done. for that I'll probably choose 5%
    Thats pretty much what I figured just by seeing the pics. 5% windsheild strip is what I am thinking for mine also. I am hoping to get mine done soon. My wife had to stop working a week early due to her blood pressure and being pregnant. So I might have spend the tint money on bills cause she might run out of sick leave. Oh well thats life I guess.
    Last edited by irvin787878; 02-26-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  15. #104
    The Fruit mangostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VB VA .. the ghetto on the sea
    Posts
    4,735
    on the windscreen I'd not do anything less than 5% .. reason why is because I have a nice sensitivity to bright light and the sun always gets me right between the mirror and the sun visor.. BAM .. instant pain. Luckily I can still see but it hurts.

    As long as the strip isn't creeping most of the way down the windshield or oddly cut I think it would look fine. Really dont have to worry much about that matching the rest of the tint because it serves a more safety oriented purpose vs looks alone. I think it would actually look pretty good on red because of the contrast.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

  16. #105
    Registered User 11blackwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,830
    I Support ClubWRX
    yeah i should have gotten the windshield stripe for mine
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •