2011/12's - Post your tint pics PLEASE! - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011/12's - Post your tint pics PLEASE! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Amaterasu You're from Michigan, huh? I've never seen your car around. I drive around Detroit and near ...

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    You're from Michigan, huh? I've never seen your car around. I drive around Detroit and near 16 mile quite a bit. Where'd you get your tints done at, btw?
    16 near Birmingham? I got them at a place called Detail Express in Keego Harbor. They do really good work and were just finishing a Panamera Turbo so that kind of sealed the deal lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i know its not an 11-12 but heres my 02 with 5% front window strip, 20% fronts an 15% rears just for an example

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    i know its not an 11-12 but heres my 02 with 5% front window strip, 20% fronts an 15% rears just for an example

How many inches thick is the windsheild strip? I am thinking about getting it also, but I dont want it to be hideous. IMO yours looks pretty good and kinda hidden.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

heres another pic where u can see the fron line. its pretty big but i like i. theres a little line on your windshield thats the legal limit*i think* and thats where it goes down to

heres another pic where u can see the fron line. its pretty big but i like i. theres a little line on your windshield thats the legal limit*i think* and thats where it goes down to
    Ok thanks. Still doesnt look bad at the angle either. I havent decided if I am going to do it yet or not. I always deal with the sun coming right in between the visor and rear view mirror in my late afternoon travels. I am not much of a sunglasses person so this will help if I decide to do it. My car is red so thats why I am not sure if I will like it or not.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by Pakattak View Post
    16 near Birmingham? I got them at a place called Detail Express in Keego Harbor. They do really good work and were just finishing a Panamera Turbo so that kind of sealed the deal lol
    Yup, always see Impreza's driving by and once in awhile a WRX sedan or STi Hatch.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

yea i like the strip because i wear glasses to work and its usually sunny in the morning and blinds me so the tint def helps and everything goes good with black lol

everything goes good with black lol
    You have a point there. Hopefully in 3 weeks I will be getting mine done.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Gettin mine tinted this thursday. will post pics once its done
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got my car back. did 20% all around minus the windshield. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100MEDIA$IMAG0011.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	102684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100MEDIA$IMAG0012.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	102685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100MEDIA$IMAG0013.jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	102686
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    So glad to see this thread worked out well. Lots of great pix to see for help in the decision making process.
    I ended up getting 30% all around from Auto Creations in Somerville NJ. They did a great job at a fair price. Recommended. Also, a full lifetime warranty that they service.
    I made a few before and after pix for comparison. Time of day wasn't the same, and overall brightness outside was different, but it gives you a good idea of the change from stock.

The thumbs will take you to full size pix.

I like the 30%. In NJ tint is a secondary offense now, but you can't have the front door windows done (no restrictions on the others). 30% is a nice dark without getting too much attention from LEOs.
    Last edited by BigDaddyRex; 02-23-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I know its all about looks on the outside, But would anyone or a few of you with different % of tint take a few pics from the inside out? Mostly looking for the 30, 35% range. I dont know if it will workout. I was just wondering how dark some of these are when looking out.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah this thread helped me decide which tint to do, Irvin787878 you want a pic from inside a 20%?
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    I know its all about looks on the outside, But would anyone or a few of you with different % of tint take a few pics from the inside out? Mostly looking for the 30, 35% range. I dont know if it will workout. I was just wondering how dark some of these are when looking out.
    Due to the metering of the camera, it will be very difficult to get a good shot of the inside that would actually be helpful. Not that we can't try, but I suspect the better way is to find a friend with a tint and sit in their car...
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Yeah this thread helped me decide which tint to do, Irvin787878 you want a pic from inside a 20%?
    Sure if its not a big deal. Anything helps. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    Due to the metering of the camera, it will be very difficult to get a good shot of the inside that would actually be helpful. Not that we can't try, but I suspect the better way is to find a friend with a tint and sit in their car...
    I wasnt sure if it would be difficult to get a good shot or not. The only vehicles I know that has tint is my wifes jeep, Which I have no idea the % on it. I only have 1 other friend with tint and he has the darkest possible you can get and thats not even close to what I want. If its not going to work out then its not a big deal. I just thought I would ask before I got mine done in a few weeks.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR