2011/12's - Post your tint pics PLEASE! - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011/12's - Post your tint pics PLEASE! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I wanted a more subtle look and it turned out just the way I wanted. Way too light for many ...

I Support ClubWRX

50% All Around

I wanted a more subtle look and it turned out just the way I wanted. Way too light for many of you, I'm sure. There are not too many posts with 50%, so I thought I'd put them up.

The pics I chose show it at its lightest. Obviously, in some ambient light conditions and at certain angles it looks a quite a bit darker (see back window in one pic). Again, this is 50% on all windows, with the exception of the windshield, of course.

Last edited by ea126405; 03-21-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363908918.825048.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	112745

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363908946.956229.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	112747

5% all around

Blah blah blah something about penguins blah blah blah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363908931.880159.jpg  
    Crazy is running towards what people are running from.

Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    I wanted a more subtle look and it turned out just the way I wanted. Way too light for many of you, I'm sure. There are not too many posts with 50%, so I thought I'd put them up.

Thanks for posting these. I have an appointment next month to have my '13 sedan tinted. I've gone with 35% in the past but I think I'm going to go a bit lighter on this car. Maybe somewhere around 45-50.

35 on the sides

Hey everyone, great thread-- went through every page. Well I have 850 miles on my new WRB 2013 WRX, can't wait to hit that 1000 mark and get the oil changed. Anyways I'm stuck and need some opinions...I don't know if I should go with 20% or 35% all the way around. Honestly, I really like the look of 30% but I can't find a shop that has it around me. The shop that's done my past cars only carries 20% and 35% but they do a great job so I'd prefer to stick with this shop.

I had 35% on my last car, a white C63, but I feel the 35% is a little too light to go with the WRB. My Evo and Camaro before that had 20%. I know I have experience with the diff tints but I'm stuck btw 20% and 35% at the moment.

What do you guys all think? I like the 20% look but is it too dark at dusk and at night? Is the visibility worth the aesthetic sacrifice? Suggestions? Thanks all!!

I got 20% all around on my sedan and during the summer its perfect only time its bad is in the snow or heavy rain at night, also with red tails its impossible for me to back up haha all about them aesthetics though.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

For those of you who got the windshield strip in the front, were your installers able to get a solid adhesion on the dot matrix with no bubbling or blotchy adhesion? Had mine done and it came out fine everywhere except the dot matrix; it came out almost "air bubbly" in patches only in that one area. I tried to heat-gun it and felt-squeegee it out myself but that didn't help at all. Installer (who does good work otherwise) said you can't really control how well it bonds there because of the dot matrix and re-doing it probably wouldn't fix it.

15 percent

Quote Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
    For those of you who got the windshield strip in the front, were your installers able to get a solid adhesion on the dot matrix with no bubbling or blotchy adhesion? Had mine done and it came out fine everywhere except the dot matrix; it came out almost "air bubbly" in patches only in that one area. I tried to heat-gun it and felt-squeegee it out myself but that didn't help at all. Installer (who does good work otherwise) said you can't really control how well it bonds there because of the dot matrix and re-doing it probably wouldn't fix it.
    mine was bubbly at first but after a couple days in the sun it went away and was perfect.
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

20% all around

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power2All4 View Post
    Hey everyone, great thread-- went through every page. Well I have 850 miles on my new WRB 2013 WRX, can't wait to hit that 1000 mark and get the oil changed. Anyways I'm stuck and need some opinions...I don't know if I should go with 20% or 35% all the way around. Honestly, I really like the look of 30% but I can't find a shop that has it around me. The shop that's done my past cars only carries 20% and 35% but they do a great job so I'd prefer to stick with this shop.

I had 35% on my last car, a white C63, but I feel the 35% is a little too light to go with the WRB. My Evo and Camaro before that had 20%. I know I have experience with the diff tints but I'm stuck btw 20% and 35% at the moment.

What do you guys all think? I like the 20% look but is it too dark at dusk and at night? Is the visibility worth the aesthetic sacrifice? Suggestions? Thanks all!!
    IMHO it depends largely on where you drive. Well lit roads in urban areas generally keep visibility issues at a minimum. IF you drive on unlit suburban or rural roads it can really start to have an impact at night, especially when reversing and coming to intersections. Some nights I'll drop a the front windows just to get a clear view, and I'm only at 30% (also live in a suburban/rural area). I am happy with the 30, think 20 or less would really impact my visibility, and think 35 is a nice compromise as well. Of course, darker always tends to looker more bada$$.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    35% in the front, 30% in the rear.

2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Too new for mods.

20% all side and back windows. 5% strip on windshield. Rest of windshield is getting 50% in a week or two.

mines a 2013 and i got 15% only visibility issues i have is on a dark street at night pulling into a driveway. backing up and all that is fine with the reverse lights. As for legal issues, time will tell. i heard that if u say the car came with them they cant fine you, they can only make you remove them. if you admit to tinting them aftermarket they can fine you.

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	113839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	113840

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno17wrx View Post
    mines a 2013 and i got 15% only visibility issues i have is on a dark street at night pulling into a driveway. backing up and all that is fine with the reverse lights. As for legal issues, time will tell. i heard that if u say the car came with them they cant fine you, they can only make you remove them. if you admit to tinting them aftermarket they can fine you.
    I wouldn't count on that being the case (not being able to fine you if you bought the car tinted). I am pretty sure that any car has to abide by the tint laws of the state that it is registered in. That being said, I have never been asked about my tint on any of my cars (ever) by a cop when I have been pulled over. Only when I am getting my car inspected is when I am asked for proof of tint certification. Good luck with that!