2011/12's - Post your tint pics PLEASE! - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011/12's - Post your tint pics PLEASE! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 15% back, 35% front, 5% sun visor....

I Support ClubWRX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	112215
    15% back, 35% front, 5% sun visor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	112215
    15% back, 35% front, 5% sun visor.
    35% is legal in the front hey? Like it's not dark enough for you to get pulled over? Looks really good though!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittxo View Post
    35% is legal in the front hey? Like it's not dark enough for you to get pulled over? Looks really good though!
    Thanks!

Yep. In Maine you can get up to 35% max in the front. As dark as you want on any of the other windows (with the exception of the windshield, which can only have the sun visor like I have).

Thanks!

Yep. In Maine you can get up to 35% max in the front. As dark as you want on any of the other windows (with the exception of the windshield, which can only have the sun visor like I have).
    Oh okay! Yeah I have the same in the front, just looks alot darker in the picture lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh okay! Yeah I have the same in the front, just looks alot darker in the picture lol
    Yeah it was an overcast day...and from that angle you are looking into the back of the car too, which is really dark. With the black interior it looks darker too. If I am wearing a black shirt you can't even really see me!

I noticed you mentioned in an earlier post on here that you didn't know what "tire specs" are...That is basically just the measurements of a tire...For example you will see 245/40/18 (my stock tires). 245 is the width of the tire (This is measured in millimeters (25.4 millimeters in an inch), so the tire would be 9.65 inches wide). The 40 is called the aspect ratio. The 40 means that the height is equal to 40% of the tire's width. The larger the aspect ratio, the bigger the sidewall of your tire (like how far outside the wheel your tire is...Think "low profile tire" vs. meaty truck tires). The 18 is the wheel size that the tire will fit (in inches).

This website explains it a little better than me. http://www.goodyearautoservice.com/c...eName=TireSize
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 03-01-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Yeah it was an overcast day...and from that angle you are looking into the back of the car too, which is really dark. With the black interior it looks darker too. If I am wearing a black shirt you can't even really see me!

I noticed you mentioned in an earlier post on here that you didn't know what "tire specs" are...That is basically just the measurements of a tire...For example you will see 245/40/18 (my stock tires). 245 is the width of the tire (This is measured in millimeters (25.4 millimeters in an inch), so the tire would be 9.65 inches wide). The 40 is called the aspect ratio. The 40 means that the height is equal to 40% of the tire's width. The larger the aspect ratio, the bigger the sidewall of your tire (like how far outside the wheel your tire is...Think "low profile tire" vs. meaty truck tires). The 18 is the wheel size that the tire will fit (in inches).

This website explains it a little better than me. http://www.goodyearautoservice.com/c...eName=TireSize
    Ooooo okay makes sense! Thanks for telling me that, i need to know alot more about my car. And that helps! And I also love how we have the exact same car in color and everything. Mine is just a wrx.. But I want an STI spoiler. Which reminds me, since you have one. I really like the STI spoiler, and I know I can swap it. But would it be stupid to do that, since my car is a wrx with an STI spoiler.. :/ someone said I would have to get the little STI badge for the front too. Hope you know what I'm trying to say lol

Ooooo okay makes sense! Thanks for telling me that, i need to know alot more about my car. And that helps! And I also love how we have the exact same car in color and everything. Mine is just a wrx.. But I want an STI spoiler. Which reminds me, since you have one. I really like the STI spoiler, and I know I can swap it. But would it be stupid to do that, since my car is a wrx with an STI spoiler.. :/ someone said I would have to get the little STI badge for the front too. And I plan on modifying my car to go as fast or faster than the STI. Hope you know what I'm trying to say lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Ooooo okay makes sense! Thanks for telling me that, i need to know alot more about my car. And that helps! And I also love how we have the exact same car in color and everything. Mine is just a wrx.. But I want an STI spoiler. Which reminds me, since you have one. I really like the STI spoiler, and I know I can swap it. But would it be stupid to do that, since my car is a wrx with an STI spoiler.. :/ someone said I would have to get the little STI badge for the front too. And I plan on modifying my car to go as fast or faster than the STI. Hope you know what I'm trying to say lol
    You should start an intro thread in the new member hang out so the tint thread doesn't get too far off track and you can introduce yourself

But I think if you like the look of the STi spoiler and you want one then you should do it...Who cares if other people don't like it. But I will say that it probably won't be super cheap to get one (unless you luck out and find an STi owner that wants the WRX spoiler - not too common). You could probably get some power/handling mods for the price you would pay for the spoiler!

You should start an intro thread in the new member hang out so the tint thread doesn't get too far off track and you can introduce yourself

But I think if you like the look of the STi spoiler and you want one then you should do it...Who cares if other people don't like it. But I will say that it probably won't be super cheap to get one (unless you luck out and find an STi owner that wants the WRX spoiler - not too common). You could probably get some power/handling mods for the price you would pay for the spoiler!
    Okay! Thank you so much! Haha I'm still new at this..

Bought it with 35% on it. Looking to take it off and put on 15% soon

double post

Name:	IMAG0112.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	112223

Its kind of a bad angle to show off the tint, but its 30% front and back.

Name:	20130316_160159.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	11265835% on the rear

Name:	20130316_160246.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	112656 [ATTACH=CONFIG65]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130316_160331.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	112657
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130316_160233.jpg  
    Last edited by 13psi-; 03-16-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Name:	1363129540558.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	112661 20%
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363487393.656664.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	112662

Bad pictures.. I just took them quick. Haha
    35% ish on the front and 25% ish on the back.