Newbie on 2003 WRX... CAN I USE FOG LIGHT COVERS KEEPING THE FOG LIGHT BEHIND??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie on 2003 WRX... CAN I USE FOG LIGHT COVERS KEEPING THE FOG LIGHT BEHIND?? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello evryone. I will be purchasing soon an 03 WRX. It comes with the stock fog lights on the bumpers, ...

Newbie on 2003 WRX... CAN I USE FOG LIGHT COVERS KEEPING THE FOG LIGHT BEHIND??

Hello evryone. I will be purchasing soon an 03 WRX. It comes with the stock fog lights on the bumpers, but I actually like more the look of the bumper with fog light covers. The seller of this car I am about to purchase says you can either have just the fog lights or just the fog covers, but not both.

Is this true??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What kind of fog light covers are you talking about? The mesh ones that protect the fog lights from rocks and stuff? Or the ones that completely block the fog light?
    Bugeye Mafia #155

Friends don't let friends drive stock.
    Racing a neon is like fighting a girl: you can't brag about it if you win, and you don't want anyone to know if you lose.
    facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LetsWRCinmyWRX View Post
    What kind of fog light covers are you talking about? The mesh ones that protect the fog lights from rocks and stuff? Or the ones that completely block the fog light?
    Well for my specific model I haven't seen mesh ones (my car looks just like the one pictured below). I am looking to have the covers taht completely block the fog light, is it possible in this model?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	112_0507_08z+2004_Subaru_Impreza_WRX_STi+Front_View.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	100702

They're basically the ones that come stock on the STI but don't say "STI" on them. They're definitely out there.
    Bugeye Mafia #155

Racing a neon is like fighting a girl: you can't brag about it if you win, and you don't want anyone to know if you lose.
    facebook

On a somewhat similar note.. anyone know any transparent fog light covers? I replaced my fogs with Hella 500FFs and I'd like something a little more substantial than the mesh covers to keep snow from packing the lights in (worried about the wiring and such).

the only things I've seen regarding foglights are either complete blocking covers, mesh covers, or that transparent film covering that you put on your fogs to change the color. I've never heard of a cover that's ACTUALLY capable of being transparent...if you find one, let us know.
    Bugeye Mafia #155

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    On a somewhat similar note.. anyone know any transparent fog light covers? I replaced my fogs with Hella 500FFs and I'd like something a little more substantial than the mesh covers to keep snow from packing the lights in (worried about the wiring and such).
    Just turn the lights on...snow will melt

Quote Originally Posted by LetsWRCinmyWRX View Post
    the only things I've seen regarding foglights are either complete blocking covers, mesh covers, or that transparent film covering that you put on your fogs to change the color. I've never heard of a cover that's ACTUALLY capable of being transparent...if you find one, let us know.
    I do not know of anything for the Blobeye style...sounds like the OP may have an EDM/JDM MY03 WRX which explains that. Bugeyes have the mesh covers as well as I have seen some that are glass/plastic and clear around too.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Seen tons of the fog covers that cover and still let shine threw, check ebay surely they have them.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Im not sure thats what the op is asking. I think what he is asking is if he can keep his fog lights all hooked up and in place and still put the stock covers over them when not in use. So the question to you blobeye guys is, can the oem covers be put in place without removal of the fog lights?

If my understanding is incorrect please correct me
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Just turn the lights on...snow will melt

I do not know of anything for the Blobeye style...sounds like the OP may have an EDM/JDM MY03 WRX which explains that. Bugeyes have the mesh covers as well as I have seen some that are glass/plastic and clear around too.
    So for a bugeye, they do or do not have transparent fog light covers? looking something that would be just like the solid plastic covers but transparent instead.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well you posted a pic of an 04-05 if thats what you are going to get you can probably purchase some spare ones and get some mesh material and make your own

FS (Canada,AB): Rare 04-05 Mesh Foglight Covers - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

but if you have an 02-03 then they have mesh ones off of ebay.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Hmm those are the first ones I've ever seen for the 04-05. They don't look particularly good either...kinda like an afterthought, as they are stick ons. Seems you'd be better off fabbing something out of regular fog hole covers for the Blobs.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

i am also about to buy bugeyed wrx, and seen one i really like that is an 03 model but from what i see it doesnt come with the fog lights and ive searched for the fog lights but they are hella pricey, which is to be expected but does anyone know where i can find some cheap priced ones doesnt have to be oem?

Where are the foglights? All Bugeye WRXs came with them factory...

Search on Nasioc classifieds, ebay, craigslist, etc.

i know they came with them factory but it doesnt have them on Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00G0G_gCkqgvHyUVM_600x450.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	119858
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Where are the foglights? All Bugeye WRXs came with them factory...

Search on Nasioc classifieds, ebay, craigslist, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast